STU

Went and tried Maroon with the good weather today but when we launched the boat it was like rays photos of hinze with crap and debri everywhere the dam has risen a fair bit but slowly got over to the other side of the dam and plasticman and I started surface I got the first for the morning which went 35cm fork and dropped another 2 probably needed to change my trebles bit of rust on them :blink: soon after got the shits when my electric stopped excelerating:angry: so back to B.L.A it goes still under warranty.So this made it hard to move around and fish the newly swamped banks but then Andrew got 2 more bass a tiddler and one 34cm fork we had a look around for schooling bass to target without luck saved a black swan which was tangled in someones thick as mono which was wrapped around its beak and feet so we cut it free not long after tried spinnerbaiting the island that is now under water and I got a small yella.

After that we sussed the standing timber out and saw a snake crossing the dam then back to the sunken island for Andrew to score another 34cm fork bass on plastics.We called it a morning dont like fishing without the electric:P ,Ran into a guy at the ramp who lives near the dam he caught 11 bass but yesturday nailed 60 mostly on surface he said you could use poppers till about 9.30am cause it was overcast he fishes the dam regulary and has caught 3 cod biggest 75cm near the dam wall and he said biggest bass in there he has got was only 45cm no bony bream to make them grow like other dams but he said the dam had gone overnight a bit so its looking good but will be better once the debri clears up.

mine on surface [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/maroon_001_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598439138_thumb.jpg

Yeah lee you will have to give it a go some time small damso it would be easy to yak and its great for surface and just about every other technique good place to practice or polish off techniques on the small bass but they still went hard burying us into the submerged weed

Thanks guys, Good timing,

I'll be going there shortly with the yak and the missus but I wasn't sure which boat to take. Looks like there's plenty of room for the big boat. Which one do you suggest? what's the ramp like?

Bummer about the electric, gezz they are a pain in bum when they bugger up. Lucky you were not relying on it as the primary motor.

Is this a good place for a AFO thing?

Is there a hotel/motel near by for the missus to entertain the missus?

Brian D wrote:

Thanks guys, Good timing,

I'll be going there shortly with the yak and the missus but I wasn't sure which boat to take. Looks like there's plenty of room for the big boat. Which one do you suggest? what's the ramp like?

Bummer about the electric, gezz they are a pain in bum when they bugger up. Lucky you were not relying on it as the primary motor.

Is this a good place for a AFO thing?

Is there a hotel/motel near by for the missus to entertain the missus?

The boat ramp is good brian either boat or yak or bothwould be good and I think closest hotel would be 20mins away at Boonah

STU wrote:

The boat ramp is good brian either boat or yak or bothwould be good and I think closest hotel would be 20mins away at Boonah

Wow must have got some water since last time I was there, you needed a cut lunch to get from the end of the ramp to the water on one side, the other side you could not even see water from the end of the ramp!

Feral wrote:

STU wrote:

Wow must have got some water since last time I was there, you needed a cut lunch to get from the end of the ramp to the water on one side, the other side you could not even see water from the end of the ramp!

Steves wilkes and Sports Tuition may look at doing a few camps here using the the old Churchie campsite (literally on the lake). Obviously ill keep everyone posted. This could be a good option if we wanted a decent sized group out there....

Angus

Archived