bass & yellow, brissy river

Bommie

Snuck out mid morning to chase some bass out fernvale way. Only managed to fish for an hour until the rain got to heavy and bailing out the canoe was becoming a hassle. Paddled to a good snag just out from the bank and cast towards it as I drifted past, managed a strike but no hookup so I paddled back trolling a lure out the back and managed a small bass about 24cm. Trolled past the same spot and picked up four bass in consecutive runs, the biggest 30cm(only babies).

On the last past before the rain I picked up a small 30cm yellow . I didn't have to change the lure and all fish were caught trolling, and fish released [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bass-abd178f442e4a25566ba89908f3e87a3.jpg

post-2146-144598443256_thumb.jpg

For the general stretch of river near Fervale there is access and parking on the far side of the bridge (Wivenhoe side - we used to park this side) and I think on the Fernvale side as well. We used to take a 2WD vehicle down there but I think it was a bit hairy. Certainly would not do it in the mud!

Ash wrote:

Nice work man! Hows the weed problems up near fernvale? I know up untill recently there was a lot of clogging issues. Nice catch man, cant wait to i get to hit the upper river! Never fished there before,

there is weed and reeds along the banks , it would be hard to fish from the shore

werewolf wrote:

For the general stretch of river near Fervale there is access and parking on the far side of the bridge (Wivenhoe side - we used to park this side) and I think on the Fernvale side as well. We used to take a 2WD vehicle down there but I think it was a bit hairy. Certainly would not do it in the mud!

if you are talking about twin bridges down to the highway bridge on the fernvale side, it is all blocked off to cars, you can only park on the left of twin bridges but can still get to all the spots just have to walk

Bommie wrote:

werewolf wrote:

if you are talking about twin bridges down to the highway bridge on the fernvale side, it is all blocked off to cars, you can only park on the left of twin bridges but can still get to all the spots just have to walk

True hey Bommie? Far enough it has been quite a number of years since I fished their last! We used to take the car down to the water for loading the canoe.B)

Archived