07/03/08 Lake Kurwongbah Bites!

EMP

I was at the lake earlier today. I was there for about 3 hours. I was fishing the EMP way, probably the lazy way- rod rests on the esky while reading something or just enjoying the serenity of it all. ;)

As I was talking to my best mate in the whole world, kaboom! Something heavy was pulling the line. Run I did and I caught a bloody 50 cm catfish (one photo coming right up).

Then after my best buddy left, another bang! This time, it was even bigger, fatter, better. Beauty.

Then about an hour and a half later and 3 turtles, I told myself, "hey EMP, time to move on.";)

The good thing that I was happy about is that fish there is on the bite again.

Then there's the Tilapia angle. While I didn't catch one, I had quite a few bites. I would assume that a few of those bites were from the tillies.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be fun on Sunday. They're biting! Let's get the tillies!

See y'all!;)

Cowfish13 wrote:

Well done:cheer:

I like catching the Freshwater Eel-tailed Catties (Dewfish). They fight well, taste good and look cool. They also don't stink like the Blue Catties:cheer:

They're being deep-fried now as I'm typing, Cowfish. :laugh:

I've just been to the lake a couple of hours ago for about half an hour. I caught a turtle.

Then I met these guys including Russ who'll be at the cull tomorrow (they thought that the event was today, poor things).

And guess what? One of them caught a tilapia!!!!!!!!

Well, it was not a dinosaur of a fish but a catch is still a catch. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be good tomorrow. :)

EMP

At a place called Patty's Flat (or something like that:S, was a long time ago), we tryed some Dewfish cooked on the fire and I still remember it being awesome. They are a very underated table fish I think. I've read a book where Starlo rekons that they one of Australia's best freshwater table fish:cheer:

Archived