Yakking: Borumba Dam - Fri 21 & Sat 22 March.

Terry H

Stop for a moment. You have every right to be thinking: "Jesus christ, is he planning another kayak fishing trip? Is this guy mad?"

Well yes. :laugh:

Lee and I threw around the idea of hitting up Borumba Dam (We want to catch some togas! :laugh:)

So, with that in mind I'm going to try and follow this general plan:

Head up early Friday morning, Fish an early morning session, then fish a late arvo session, then fish all Saturday. I will be leaving Early Sunday morning and doing the offshore adventure on the way back home.

Now. Camping. I haven't checked with any place up there, I don't even know if there are any available campsites or anything. But I'm going, even if I have to sleep in the car :laugh:

I've gone completely mad but it's Easter holidays and I want fish.

Anyone is welcome to come along.

Terry lucky I read this post before I answered the Stanley 15th post because I was going to suggest something similar. My problem is I am 20 so years older then you guys and noone my own age does stupid things like that anymore, well except me, so I might just flick Maroon and head north with you if you don't mind an old fat fart dragging the chain.

I'll sleep in the boat. :)

Terry, only one launch spot, ramp at the wall, parking is along side ramp on the right, or top parking lot near toilets. Quite steep, but short road between. I like to park up the top.

Make sure you have a dry bag or similar for your valuables etc, if your going to be launching / retrieving during day light hours. The ski lice turn the main basin into a washing machine.

TerryH wrote:

Everyones welcome to come:)

Sorry guys, I can't help it:

Team "Old Farts" (don't hate me, it's self proclaimed!!!!!!!!!!:P)

vs

Team "Young Guns" ??

beats me, I always like to see some sort of "competition" happening on these trips:)

What Im on your team:dry: no way man :blush: :blush: not with your luck latley lol

Lee

Brian D wrote:

Terry lucky I read this post before I answered the Stanley 15th post because I was going to suggest something similar. My problem is I am 20 so years older then you guys and noone my own age does stupid things like that anymore, well except me, so I might just flick Maroon and head north with you if you don't mind an old fat fart dragging the chain.

I'll sleep in the boat. :)

Are you going to bring the Profish Brian??

Regards

Al

I'll start to pack up and head out when I wake up in the morning, so probably midday leave at the latest. Should be good for the arvo and night session - full moon bassin:P

Then the early morn session on sat, all day might try trolling for some bass or yellas during the day then an arvo session for toga then a good sleep before I head down to noosa.

Archived