Bass/Yella NPD Baroon NPD

Dinodadog

Quick report

Slipped out to NPD Tues 4th got a bass on 1st cast, 3rd cast and a yella on the 5th cast then the wind changed and the fish stopped hitting lures, put in a hour and then went home.

6th went to Baroon caught several small bass and one nice 44cm one on green s/bait

Rest of 6th, 7th and 8th spent in bed with migraine. Still can't stay on computer to long.

Today 11th went out to NPD with neighbour I got 5 bass and a 54cm yella and the neighbour at the age of 65 not only got his 1st bass on s/bait, but 2 more to show it wasn't a fluke. I think I was just as happy to see him get them as if I caught them myself. Just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks. Most bass were small but he managed a 44cm, was he happy..... 1st pic from NPD on the 4th

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mix_001.JPG

post-1453-144598400403_thumb.jpg

Dino

I have fished NPD 3 times in the last week and caught zip. I have fished early morn, midday and late arvo using spinnerbaits and trying all sorts of retrieves, and colours. What is your secret. Have been fishing the bank from the bullocky area (next park up the road ) . Got so annoyed I fished the salt yesterday and today to put a bend in my rod.

can pm me secretsB)

Burko wrote:

Dino

I have fished NPD 3 times in the last week and caught zip. I have fished early morn, midday and late arvo using spinnerbaits and trying all sorts of retrieves, and colours. What is your secret. Have been fishing the bank from the bullocky area (next park up the road ) . Got so annoyed I fished the salt yesterday and today to put a bend in my rod.

Don't worry, you're not alone:blush:

Dino: That Bass in the 3rd pic has got the coolest colouration I've ever seen.

Well done once again:woohoo:

Burko no secets, at the moment I am using a 5/8 s/bait starting very early with dark colours and every 1/2 hour or so changing to a lighter col. Cast out as fr as you can and start the slow retreive with the rod at 45 deg and when you get to where you think the grass starts high stick the rod and keep the s/bait about 10cm under the water, they usualy hit just before the grass.

,Cowfish all the fish are dark coloured at the moment, they also have that green tinge that Angus likes

Glad to hear that the Pocket is still ok. I had heard that it was not too successful since the heavy rains, but you have proved that to be incorrect. Good on you both for restoring my faith in what has been my favourite place. I hope to be back there some thursday or friday after the easter crowds have subsided.

Archived