Quick fish at Manly harbor

chubbstar

I got an early knock from work today, so with a couple of hours up my sleave I decided to have a fish at Manly.

I fished with HB's and Sp's for the whole time.

I worked the bank for 2-3 hours casting nearly everything from my lure box. I got a good hit and landed what I'm sure is my first HB caught fish in Brisbane, was a little Moses Perch:woohoo: He put up a little fight, quick pic and he was back in the water before he knew it. I was a happy man.

About an hour later I had switched back to a Squiggie Wrigler and after many casts I felt a dead weight, I gave it a couple of tugs and it tuged back, Got it to the bank after a very disapointing fight and noticed a nice little 35odd cm Flathead. He spat the hook at the bank and was on his way. I was happy he got off because every time I land one they spike me:blush:

Any way other then the wind and my sun burn was a good little sesh.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/first_hb_001_AFO.jpg

You've seen them before, But what the hell, heres another one:P

Jayson

post-1458-144598447043_thumb.jpg

Long Tom, do they look like a BIG Garfish? I seen a friggen huge Garfish(well I think it was a Gar). I casted my Wrigler past it and winded in fast, It had a go, but I didn't hook it.

I also saw some BIG Prawns, looked like Tiger Prawns to me. But I dont realy know a lot about Prawns so they could have been any type:blush:

Wasn't a Ecogear lure SX lure mate, was a cheap knock off;)

Thanks fellas

Jayson

Mack_attack wrote:

yeh long toms do look like a big garfish but have a greenish tinge to them and they have two jaws filled with needlesharp teeth.

As for you ecogear imitation, they've done a good job even has owner hooks and split rings. Know where i can get some :P

I tell ya what, Ya know ya Lure's mate:blink:

I just dug it out of the tackle box to have a look and I'll be blowed it's a friggen Ecogear SX 40:woohoo:

Well done mate, Shows you how much I use them dont it :blush: :P

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

First thing I did When I got home was see if you was online.

Was going to kidnap you for 3 hours.

I didn't think Shell would pay a ransom, so lucky for me you wasn't around;) :P :laugh: :laugh:

Jayson

You wouldn't have to have twisted my arm too hard.

It's tough driving past and seeing the water when you've gotta work. But not as tough as four walls :pinch:

Jeryl wrote:

nice one mate hopefully the weather will keep going like this during the weekend so i can come down have a few casts too, try the jetty too nextime its always productive ;)

I'm just about to head down again.

ELLI are you up for it??

The jetty? Is that the 1 with concrete walls??

thanks guys

Jayson

No mate, the jetty is The William Gunn jetty. Go down the dead end street where the public pool is.

I reckon you'd do better off the rock wall at this time of day than the jetty. Rock wall is near the coast guard.

And if I didn't already have plans, id be there in an hour with ya...

Moses perch are always abit of fun because theyre so agressive and fight ok for there size cos there related to jacks :P, there like a baby weeker jack :P. My first fish on lure was a pike on a little no name grub off the bongaree jetty, but after that i sight casted 3 big eyes wich got me hooked. First fish on HB was a small flatty at the maroochy river. First fish on popper was a pike at the tweed.. never caught anything on a slug, spoon, spinnerbaits ect. A little bit off topic but congrats on the first of many.

Archived