Stanly River, 24.03, Finally!

Ash

Doing the stanly via yak on Monday the 24th. Havent been for ages so very, very keen! Just going by myself at the moment so if ya keen lets know. I got a score to settle with a certain lure stealing cod! Also targeting yella's and bass.

Also im hoping to bump into Doug the Yowielure guy to buy some up, they're awesome.

STU wrote:

If I had a yak or canoe I would probably be there

Stu I will most likely go and I have a spare yak her if yah still want to go.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Ash, I reckon the best bet is to head upstream from the dam, its very high at the moment and all the old snags are under, even the old bridge. if you get up a bit further they might have less water to hide in

Lee

To be honest I'm not that excited about fishing where Lee and I went last time, I'd probably still go though:P But I'd be a lot more excited about fishing some of the shallower water

Ash - where we went last time (where you were getting those yellas etc) is like 10+m deep

heres some pics to give you some idea ash

the way you remember it

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/stanley%20river/27-11-07/imgp1627-web.jpg

and how it is now. we launched from where the yak is in the first pic. notice the bridge is gone under

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/stanley%20river/river%20up/p1020644-web.jpg

Lee

Yeah man it'll be awesome, i havent gone upstream, well i dont think i have anyway. Cant wait, havent fished there since last time with Stu,plastic and Angus.

I know Angus cant make it, but what about the you other 2? Havent fished with ya's for awhile.

Oh crap that way - you know what I might give it a miss. I don't feel like fighting the holiday traffic coming home. It's a shame because it looks like a great spot but that's 2 hours from home for me.

I'll come up one Friday arvo and stay in the pub, then go for a fish the next day.

Archived