Noosa Sound - 23rd March 2008

Terry H

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Frenzy and Sparkie, I think that perhaps the issue wasn't the message (overall positive)..it's was the delivery.

It came accross a little abraisive, even if well intentioned.

There may well be members out there that need instruction on C+R handling, but not many people respond well to being openly criticised.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, it pays to be careful how you voice it (unless you intend to offend as some do unfortunatly:( ).

Let's keep the forum helpful and friendly where-ever we can B)

Rocket

Yeah that's a fair enough comment, but when the blokes a moderator and obviously been around a while, it grates me to see him handle a big fish like that.

It also amazes me no-one has posted anything earlier in relation to handling of fish like this.

Are issues like this handled via PM on this site rather than expressing on the public forum???

Frenzy wrote:

Yeah that's a fair enough comment, but when the blokes a moderator and obviously been around a while, it grates me to see him handle a big fish like that.

It also amazes me no-one has posted anything earlier in relation to handling of fish like this.

Are issues like this handled via PM on this site rather than expressing on the public forum???

mate it was brought up, just not in public in this thread.

What gripes my ass is that you delivered it like I do it all the time, or even remotely frequently. Like I said, it one fish I have handled like that. My usual handling of fish was no where to be seen on that particular fish, I stuffed up. Lessons have already been learnt.

Get over it.

Rocket75 wrote:

Hi Frenzy and Sparkie, I think that perhaps the issue wasn't the message (overall positive)..it's was the delivery.

It came accross a little abraisive, even if well intentioned.

There may well be members out there that need instruction on C+R handling, but not many people respond well to being openly criticised.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, it pays to be careful how you voice it (unless you intend to offend as some do unfortunatly:( ).

Let's keep the forum helpful and friendly where-ever we can B)

Rocket

Rocket this says it all. well done.

Terry is very conscious of his handling of fish and I have only seen this once from him in this one pic. On a recent trip I fished along side terry and managed a PB bass and in the excitement I almost hoisted the fish up by the bottom jaw for a pic and terry was quick to tell me to cradle the fish correctly if I was to release the fish.

Brett

Guys look at it like this, Terry wont handle a fish like this again and only did so out of lack of knowledge in the first place.

Thanks to this thread many many more people might not unknowingly handle a fish like this either. There for a greater good has been served.

Frenzy mate in realtion to this statement: "but when the blokes a moderator and obviously been around a while, it grates me to see him handle a big fish like that". Moderators are not chosen for their proness or experience in fishing, but their demeanour and behavious on the site. I am the Co-owner and I dream of the day I catch a flatty like that :)

Im not having a go at you by the way, just bare in mind that most mistakes are not made knowingly. Correction and advice is one of the massive benefits of the site and contructive cristism is welcomed.

I hope we can all move and appreciate this great catch!

Im sure if Terry ever beats it ( :P ) he will handle it better.

Thanks guys I hope this ramble made some sense.

Angus

Frenzy wrote:

Perhaps you would rather just sod off?

4 posts and you amazed no one else has posted anything earlier, been busy reading the 100,000 posts on the forum have we?

Archived