rayne

hi there,

Have been fishing around brisbane with my best mate for about the last year, and am looking for new spots. Have been hanging around the port, deep water bend, sandgate and the bris river at st lucia, but havent had too much success lately other than a bunch of eel's and catfish.

trying to get more girls into fishing, its a great thing finding a girl who can tie and bait her own hook. B)

Hayles.x

hi hayles and welcome to the site!

for a bit of fun around the shores of brisbane i would try to rock wall at the mouht of manly boat harbour at night on an incoming tide. other places worth a look are shultz canal, boggy creek, newstead and pinkenba. other than that, the goldie and sunny coasts have many awesome land-based spots which are worth a go.

like death and taxes, there will always be catfish and eels. try fishing live bait such as herring or mullet as catties often shy away from livies. as for eels... i believe jeff f has a novel way of dealing with them! :laugh:

benno <'><

Welcome aboard Hayles.

My wife (pictured in my avatar) is quite active in our events that we host.

In fact this year Im expecting almost a 50/50 male to female ratio at teh AFO Winter camp.

It may be one your mate and you might want to check out for some fun and fish!

The details for the winter camp will be released soon.

Angus

hi welcome to the site Hayles.x!

good to see another girl who enjoys fishing and can rig her own gear!:P

my wife hates it when she loses a good fish because of her knots failing!

she uses maxima pink 8lb mono and doesnt have many problems with her knots pulling now!

there's a few girls on the site but allot of them stay pretty quiet, but moast of the blokes have a wife or gf who enjoys the odd fish now and again so you should have no problem finding a few more fishing buddies here!

cheers Ian

G'day, & welcome to the site:)

Is that Kedron Brook Floodway in your display pic/avatar (same body of water as Schulz canal - just closer to the mouth)? Accessed from a path near the driving range?

Eels aren't a bad thing - I'd happily take them off your hands :laugh:

What bait are you using? Live mullet/prawns with a mono trace can get you some good fish around creek mouths, like some Jew :)

You could also try using some lures to target bream, jacks, cod, flathead etc.

welcome mate, you drive past alota good spots for fishin to bald hills from where you are.... see you like nrl too theres a footy tippin comp on at the moment too never to late to join PM me for the details if you wanna join will start with points from all the home game wins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived