alleged shark attack at greenmount today

Troy_79

did anyone watch channel 10 news tonight? a 19yo guy was apparently attacked by a shark at greenmount this morning. but they said it was more likely to have been a barracuda. He had 2 small puncture wounds on his leg.

Not even worth reporting but i guess it must be a slow news day

Cowfish13 wrote:

Ok, so we've figured that it must have been a Cuda, but that still doesn't answer my question:laugh: :laugh: :silly:

How could someone confuse a Baracuda with a Shark? Maybe he just wants to make a scene....

he probly thought it was a shark cause hes heard a lot about them lately

or just trying to get on the news

shortie wrote:

Yep they definatelly reckon a shark. He saif he puller it off his leg. I would of thought by pulling on it it would of torn the skin./ Wierd.

I heard about it on the radio, had a good giggle as they said, not only he pulled it off but he actually through the 'shark' to me that was pretty funny, had a mental image of a shark do airial acrobatics :side:

i think you'll find it was just some poor young fella, got bit hard by something he couldnt see in the wash and freaked out. He probably just said the first thing that came to mind, and with all the hype about sharks lately thats what came out. The life guards at the time pretty much dismissed the shark thing straight away, although they did close down the beach as a safety thing.

The media did the rest, no surprise there!

Archived