Good spots for float fishing

Dan23

So I've been having fun with some float fishing the last few days down around Brunswick heads. (got some nice capture pics to show when I get back);) Just wondering if anyone can let me in on some good spots to try around Brisbane preferably near Albion. I'm already thinking upstream Schultz/Kedron Brook floodway. Just wondering if there's anywhere else around that should produce and have minimal tidal flow?? Are you allowed to fish that freshwater spot at sandgate near tackle world and does it hold mullet??

Thanks

Also, if anyone is keen for some float fishing late this arvo let me know because if I get back in time I might go have a try.

Dan23 wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
i'm calling my mate for his spotX for carp over 5kg.

But do they peel drag like Mullet?

Dan Carp fight very well.

I have only caught 3 and have been massively surprised with the fight and they are only small ones.

Angus

Breakfast creek becomes Enoggera Creek and has a weir just west of Kelvin Grove. I grew up around there and where the branch is for Ithaca Creek at the bottom of woodland street used to be an awesome fishing spot 25 years ago. Dunno how it is now, but it used to produce 30+cm fish.

Archived