Prawn*Star... Anyone have any luck with it before?

Hi all,

After I found some crazy money in the car this morning (under the car seat), I had an excuse to head to BCF for a bit of lure shopping...

Knowing that most fishes love prawn therefore I have decided to get some lure that looks similar to prawns... The only lure that looks like a prawn that I knew of is from Squidgy, which I had no luck with ANY soft plastics so far..

So I keep walking around and I saw these Prawn*Star lure.... It says it imitates prawn action in the water etc etc etc...so I a fortunate enough to buy 4 of them to try out... Read some reviews online about it and people only can catch Flatties with Prawn*Star...

I had a play with it on my desk and I found that it is a bit stiff thats all. Anyone here had any luck with Prawn*Star before? or I have wasted $40 of crazy money which I can buy 4 more SX40s from Jeryl...

Cheers

Hilary

[img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Photo0356.jpg

post-2904-144598456178_thumb.jpg

i got one once ...first cast a small cod..second cast...snag...never even thought about buying one...not real cheap...never on sale...thou once i was yakkin and saw gavan dunn(bush n beach writer) out nxt to me in bribie passage and he was killing monster flatties on em...they were huge!

I have caught a few fish on em. the trick is to change the retrieve to a slow almost dead stop with hard twitches, about a foot of rod tip movement will do but really wack it this pulls the tail under and clicks it (noise). I have caught tailor and a very small jew at deep water bend on them plus the other usuals.

Burko wrote:

I have caught a few fish on em. the trick is to change the retrieve to a slow almost dead stop with hard twitches, about a foot of rod tip movement will do but really wack it this pulls the tail under and clicks it (noise). I have caught tailor and a very small jew at deep water bend on them plus the other usuals.

Burko is on the money, you have to get that tail click happening.

As with a lot of lures, its about having confidence in that the lure is going to catch fish!

Looks like you forgot the best colour though, the deep red/purple colour

As I have mentioned before they are a gun lure for bass, I have done well with them at baroon dam hopping them along the bottom or rigging them weightless and using them pattnoster style and jigging them. Small ones in the natural and also purple worked up there

Cando wrote:

Feral wrote:
Good morning to you! I just reckon they are way to stiff Kevin! NO action in them.

mate, i put all my new 1's in a cup of hot water for 2min's to soft'en them up a bit.. They work for me..

Noel

That's good advice... Thanks, hopefully wont melt the fella...

Dan23 wrote:

Bommie wrote:
I've had success with these cheapies, caught bream, flathead and the bass love them [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0566_AFO.jpg

Yeah those kokoda prawns are great if yo just pitch them out and freespool. Watch the bream swallow them then flick the bail and strike!

spot on Dan same with bass

Death Ray wrote:

Thanks Burko,

I will try what you suggested. I have had no luck with these dust collectors to date, but will give em another run soon. Are you having more success on smaller or bigger ones?

Thanks

Andrew

The smaller ones work well on bream etc but the big ones are great on cod and a couple of other unidentified unstoppables. I have caught a 15cm bream on a big one and i have also caught a 80cm flathead on a small one. just have try what suits conditions and times etc, same with every other lure.

Burko

Archived