quick fish at indro night time

flatty_catcher

Had a quick fish at a little spot near indro golf course last night with live prawns..

didnt land land anything but had some good hits, the first i reckon was a brim because ut hit the line at 100mph, but the prawn i had on was so big i guessing he didnt take the hook properly

then about 10 minutes later I think i had a shark, it was kinda nudging the line then took off, it kept breaking the surface which made me think it was a huge threadie,

I had quite a bit of dead weight but it was just about to

come to life....:laugh:

I got it close to the bank then (as they usually do) it spooked and went hell for leather just about popped my spool off my rod and snapped me :P

anyway when i checked my line the last 4 inches was raspy and worn, so the culprit had teeth of some sort..

Im guessing shark and I get a lot of these on prawns, if only i could land one, i might have to get a leader

regards

Dan

get a trace, bout a meter long and u will get that bastard to the shore. Or at least u will get a good look at it.

I have had a shark hooked up down near jacobs well and it was breaking the surface and barral rolling at the same time. It would have been 1.5 meters. I had no trace on ( as i was fishing for flathead, with poddy mullet) had it on for a minute or so before he broke me off. The last meter of the line was all ruffed up from the shark spinning and wrapping it on its rough body.

Also sounds like ur drag is set way too high, if the spool came off.?

And where did the line break off.? it it was 4 inches after say ur swivel, then im calling shark on that. If it were 4inch past ur hook.... then maybe a threadie.

brisbane_boy wrote:

thats interesting, havent heard bout any shark beein caught lately still the odd one round,

better luck next times.

You will still get them in the river if you specifically target them, just maybe not as many as in summer.

ray, pike eel or shark?

I didnt think rays had much teeth?

I would have bet pike eel but it seemed quicker..

anyways looks like i will have to go and have a try with a trace...

I have a mobile phone now with a pretty good camera so hopfully i can catch and photo the culprit

was probably a bloody 5 foot catfish....:laugh:

Been quiet all round ever since so i guess i wont be finding out in a hurry :P

I havn't lost a bait and im using good live prawns (except for the odd stray cattie now and then)?

Maybe there are better baits for this time of year?

I also have noticed there is hardly any herring coming up in the castnet so i guess they have moved on too, maybe the threadies and bream went with em..

Dan

Archived