Trevs at moreton island saturday 17,5,08

Funfisher

Hey Guy's

Headed over to moreton on friday night in great weather just the missus and I, we slept the night and then had an early start in the morning , i berly'd up for around five minutes and had a huge yellowtail kingie feasting at the back of the boat so i chucked a hook in one of the pillies and he gobbled it up no sweat, had him on for around two minutes befor he took me over the reef and it was all over. This happend three times over the morning. Around lunch i moved spot again and hooked ito a few trevalie they fought like freight trains but after the trace upgraid managed to get them both in. Overall was an awsome day. [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tristan_Fishing_Photos_08_004_AFO.jpg

post-1056-144598458464_thumb.jpg

Just having that weather for an overnighter at Moreton makes it all worth while. It's magical slipping along the inside on dawn ducking the odd kamakaze mutton bird. :woohoo:

They are some nice goldies :) Those big kings are too much like hard work, you have to be a masochist to purposely hook up to one of those thugs ;)

waldo wrote:

Just having that weather for an overnighter at Moreton makes it all worth while. It's magical slipping along the inside on dawn ducking the odd kamakaze mutton bird. :woohoo:

They are some nice goldies :) Those big kings are too much like hard work, you have to be a masochist to purposely hook up to one of those thugs ;)

yep sure do.. i have a 10cm round dark purple bruse on my inner thigh from the butt of the rod:( would do it 1000 times over though it was well worth the scars lol

brisbanebound wrote:

Great fish!!!

Can you cath Trevs and Kingys all year round on Moreton??

What about from the shore?? Wishful thinking?

Well done all the same!

Im not sure mate i think the kingies are their most of the year but dont know bout the trevs? i do no their on fire now though:)

you can get good trevs off the rocks at north point at times, maybe not quite as substancial as those though... :dry: it seems around may/june there are a few big boys in the bay, i have only caught them at this time of year. would be worth a try south of tangalooma land based as well, there are some good banks there for them to feed on. kingies are there all year, good luck landing them though!

Sounds brilliant!

Benno, When I was in Coral Bay WA I hooked something that might have been a Kingy from the beach, couldnt be sure though. Thought I was going to have a heart attack, ended up wrapped round coral and my line all snapped off.

Only lasted a few minutes. One of the locals said it might have been a kIngy, I think, I could be mistaken. If it was then I know what you mean.

Wish I was arriving sooner for that Bay trip Angus is organising, will keep my eyes open for the next one. Reckon theres a Kingy or 2 out there that will meet thier maker quite soon, unfortunately for them, in the shape of a wee scotsman from Glasgow! :laugh:

Take it easy

Jamie

Josh

Its a Bermuda 4.8 Funfisher with a decent pod and a mercury 50hp two stroker,(originaly came with twin consoles but took one out for more fishing room) i got it new back in 1999 from south tweed marine and was told there were only a few made (mine is the only one i have ever seen to date) It handles the chop very very well for a small boat, im stoked with it 100%

cheers Tristan

Archived