Well just off to North Pine

Feral

Yay!

Taking Alex down to North Pine for the dawn session. First trip fishing since I started my new job at work! (nothing like a new job to suck up all your time and energy!).

Only going to be there a couple of hours. Have to be home in time to take other Son to pictures to meet his mates, then daughter horse riding after that.

We will be starting at the first parking lot south of Bullockies, probably there until about 8. Be wearing my new AFO hat!

I'm back - dont wanna take Alex fishing any more.

R0010804.jpg

R0010809.jpg

I did at least get one good hit, but I now know I am seriously undergunned using a 2 kilo rod and 6 lb fireline at North Pine. Had it on the hook for about a minute. Thats how long it took to take more than half my spool, with the rod bent in half, and me giving the drag another notch every few seconds until the drag had no more and I had to palm the spool. Eventually the fireline broke, lost my TT spinnerbait and about 50m of fireline.

Cast one other spinner bait out of site, (leader broke) and Alex lost one on a deep snag. Home by 8am.

Really fat, biggest was only just over 40.

Was at the next point around from Bullockies, very little grass left in the water (well compared to before). there is the odd patch of grass to thick to fish through now, previously there was the odd patch thin enough to fish through.

I tried an 1/8 spinner bait today with a size 8 treble as the stinger, every cast got fouled by grass. (Got it back all right, but no action with the grass strands hooked up). If your going to use them, mark where you are, so we can pick them when the water drops ;)

Archived