Barumba Monday 9th Toga time

pcsolutionman

Terry and I are heading up to barumba this coming monday for another crack at some Bass, yellas and especially Toga. We are planning to Launch around 5:30am to get to the back part of the dam by sun up. We are going to be doing an all dayer but if you only want to come for the morning session or the arvo thats cool.

hope to see a few more people out there with us this time

Lee

Feral wrote:

Should be a quick trip if you use the gateway. Get off at Dohles rocks and head back into Petrie, or get off at Bracken Ridge (before you merge with the Bruce Hwy) and go through Strathpine.

Are you sure you have the right dam feral? Borumba is near Imbil last time I checked:laugh:

bigtez wrote:

Feral wrote:
Should be a quick trip if you use the gateway. Get off at Dohles rocks and head back into Petrie, or get off at Bracken Ridge (before you merge with the Bruce Hwy) and go through Strathpine.

Are you sure you have the right dam feral? Borumba is near Imbil last time I checked:laugh:

He was talking NPD in his post, I assumed he meant NPD.

Probably a bit bigger than baroon, about 20-30 minutes by leccy down to the start of the Timber I'd reckon.

Dont go there over the 20&21st. ARC will be in Imbil. Unless you want to see some very fast "2 diff farters" Rocket. Might make you want to keep yours though!

Might be worth considering as a AFO overnighter at some stage, camping below the Dam wall.

Feral wrote:

bigtez wrote:
Feral wrote:

He was talking NPD in his post, I assumed he meant NPD.

Yeah he just said he wishes he got to go fishing at NPD with us, and was asking how long it takes to get to borumba :laugh:

Bretto: As lee said, I'm sure we could chuck ya yak on the commo, doesn't look pretty but it does the job :laugh: Probably take you almost 2 hours to get from your place to lees assuming you stick to the limit. For those who go limit + GST and a touch extra, it's about 45 minutes from CBD to Lee's.

Lee: fix ya dam speakers please :laugh:

Rocket: Bring an outboard to get up the back end of the dam, otherwise we'll leave ya behind:P It's a good 6-7km paddle up to the back sticks, we'll probably stop off a bit closer in the morning, then head up to the back stuff for the arvo. Fishing doesn't even have to stop after sun down, we've had a few swipes and hits on jitterbugs and their copies after dark, you just have to miss the green branches that you can't see in the dark :laugh:

Biggles: um dunno what to say mate. the back country is littered with timber so watch out for that...:P

Yeh guys, I have a 4hp 4 stroke as well.

I've never actually had both motors and batteries in the boat at the same time...not sure if the little beast can handle it!

Might be able to jiggle the set up a bit and make it more workable.

Either way I'm keen.

What effect will all the rain have had? Is it overflowing up there?

Rocket

pcsolutionman wrote:

Bretto if you can get to my place at GLasshouse mts which is the most southern part of the sunny coast we can squeeze you in with us the yak will go on the roof no worries. but we are doing an all dayer

Lee

Sounds good mate. What time would I need to be at your place so we can load up and head off?

Archived