Brisbane River Classic Addenda

AFO

im not too sure what you would like clarified, but i think if you read the Entry Form it should explain all the rules for weigh-in. The only change is that fish and sharks no longer are required to be gutted and gilled for weigh-in.

An ammended entry form will be made when time permits, but all rule changes will be made aware at the team briefings before commencing the competition.

It does state in the rules:

\"All fish weighed-in must be presented in a natural fibre bag such as Hessian or cloth

based bag. The use of plastic, woven plastic or woven fibreglass bags is prohibited.

Fish may be brought to the weigh—in area in eskies or damp natural fibre bags. All

fish must be counted prior to weigh-in and be placed in the hands of Organisers to

verify and weigh.\"

So yes, Eskies are fine.

Angus

As a service to BRF members I would like to offer my boat as transport for anyone who can't get accross the river for the weigh in times on Saturday and Sunday.

At this stage I have to work Friday.

I could say pick you up from places like Bretts Wharf or that Pink spot about an hour before each wiegh in time. So that would be say around 9.00am and 3.00pm.

Does anyone need or want a lift?

:sick: Damn :pinch: I was hoping for an early session Friday morning, but looks like thats not allowed now. At least I'll have some time to get all my gear organised after the briefing in preparation for a big night session:P I guess it worked out well as I won't be getting much spare time through this week...

Gus: I better not hear that you've snuck a line in before 10 AM ;) You better set a good example :lol:

cheers

MattB)

Sorry but I have a problem:ohmy:

I can not see me getting away from work until say 4pm on Friday:( That means I would not get to Colmslie untill about 6.30pm at the earlest.

Are you guys going to be there to give me a briefing before I start fishing or do I have to wait until Sat?

Brian ask for a phone briefing!

Probably not a bad idea Angus to offer an evening briefing Friday. I reckon there might be a few who have to work friday, so cant make it there until 7ish, they will out a nights fishing if they have to wait until morning!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/28 17:35

A couple of questions,

Do all team members need to be briefed or can the team captain be briefed and then responsible for all people on thier team?

Do juniors need to attend a briefing?

What is the latest time Friday that people can be briefed?

What is meant by adequate marine insurance on boats?

As my boat has no insurance, it is registered and carries all safety gear required and lighting.

Thanks

Brett

Team Keen

Post edited by: terminaltackle, at: 2006/11/28 20:39

It is a requirement of the Aquatic Event Authority issued by Maritime Safety Queensland that ALL participants report to the Organiser's tent to be briefed before they commence fishing in the competition.

This includes Juniors.

Latest time each day to be briefed is 4:30pm, so if you plan on say fishing friday night you need to see the BRC organisers before 4:30pm on friday.

Adequate marine insurance means a marine insurance policy that covers the type of vessel you have. If your boat does not have insurance it is unable to be used in the competition, regardless of it is registered and has the required safety gear. It is a requirement for us to ensure all participating vessels have insurance.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/11/29 18:29

It is a requirement for us to ensure all participating vessels have insurance.<br><br>Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/11/29 18:29

Thats a bit stiff, Brian asked if we needed proof of insurance a couple of weeks ago and the reply was no.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,156/func,view/id,8359/catid,19/

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/30 06:36

Feral wrote:

Brian ask for a phone briefing!

Probably not a bad idea Angus to offer an evening briefing Friday. I reckon there might be a few who have to work friday, so cant make it there until 7ish, they will out a nights fishing if they have to wait until morning!<br><br>Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/28 17:35

You know what Feral - I don't want to impose - I'll just fit into the routine and start fishing Sat;). I don't want special consideration.

If I was an admin guy I would be just about feed up with all the variations. I would be ready to scream.

I reackon they would have put a lot of things down to experience for next year.

BOAT COMPEITIORS (CONTINUED):

Please note that the Insurance coverage we have on this event does not cover any boats or other watercrafts that are being used during the staging of this event. All participants

should ensure that they have adequate Insurance coverage for their own vessels/ boats (including, but not limited to: kayaks, canoes, personal watercraft, inflatable boats etc)

under a Marine Insurance policy or via an extension on their own Home & Contents Insurance policy. By signing and agreeing to these rules and conditions you agree to only use

a vessel or watercraft that has Marine Insurance policy or is coverd under an extension on a Home & Contents Insurance policy.

This is from the rules found on the Entry Form. No you do not need to show us proof of insurance, if using a boat by signing and agreeing to the Entry Form and cross that you have boat insurance that is all that is required. By crossing you have insurance and don't actually have it that is fraud.

so no, you do not have to show proof of insurance as per the previous forum thread. http://www.australianfishing.com.au/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,156/func,view/id,8359/catid,19/

and no there havent been too many variations to the original rules, it is just that numerous people do not fully read the rules properly in the first place.

Some of the variations to the rules are due to permits we need to run this event and we have been governed by the late response and approval time by the authorities, especially when we ensured we made applications with ample time.

Obviously there are a few small issues we have to sort out and can do better in the future, but we have been working very hard at making this event a reality, covering ourselves for liability so we can hold this event at all, and trying to make it as accessible and accommodating for as many participants as possible.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/11/30 12:23

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/11/30 18:41

thanks for the clarification i should have the condidions of entry more closely and earlier. I now have 3rd person property/damage insurance. I purchaced it from racq who seem the only people offering this class of insurance . i approached alliance and nrma and they a wish to insure the boat and motor for around the value of the outfit.

if you want to cheat you can ring racq or any of the other insurance companies and they will provide a cover note for a period of 14 days that will automatically lapse if not accepted but that is up to you.

You will have to provide the HIN ( hull identification number) that is on your boat rego papers, engine make and hp and engine number and year of manufacture of boat,engine and trailer and trailer rego number plus your boat licence no ( same as your drivers license )

With my policy i also have a 14 day cooling off period if i wish to cancell and get a full refund but i think its not bad value for a bit of peace of mind.

Hope this helps.

Once again thanks to the administrators for putting up with my questions.

ray

Brian D wrote:

You know what Feral - I don't want to impose - I'll just fit into the routine and start fishing Sat;). I don't want special consideration.

Good-oh Brian, gives me 24 hours head start. Which is only fair, you had a head start at Awoonga!

When your there to get briefed on Saturday morning, you can help me cart my 12 foot shark up to be weighed!

Archived