Bay trip 20/10

Keen-as-fisho

Crazywalrus and I hit the bay yesterday, with a plan of hitting peel first up then Dunwich. We left the ramp at 345am and headed to peel, Ted was first up with a just under Squire. I was up next with the same. As the sun came up, the wind followed so we headed over to Dunwich to get out of it. The wind and current at Dunwich made it hard but we persisted and I was rewarded with a Trev of some sort :cheer:

post-6136-144598699055_thumb.jpg

Followed by a 38cm squire :)

post-6136-144598699061_thumb.jpg

We then headed toward the north eastern side of Peel but only got half way as the birds were going nuts, so we got right into it and over an hour or so we caught at least 50 to 60 Tailor between us. Most were a fly sh!t under legal but six were well over and kept for a feed B) After this bit of action we hit the pinnacles for a look but had no luck so headed back to the southern point of peel and got into the feeding frenzy of tailor again :woohoo: we picked up a few more. Upon releasing one of the buggers a 3/0 jighead got lodged in my finger :angry: :pinch: .....its still numb :blink:

post-6136-14459869903_thumb.jpg

Then we noticed the tuna playing up in the distance, a quick top up in the fuel drum and we were off. We cast everything at them without a touch until Ted mentioned he'd tie a slug on, I told him not to bother as I had one tied on my bream rod that I was throwing at the Tailor. So he grabbed my setup had a few casts then whack zzzzz my litle 2000 Caldia which is strapped to a Samaki Zing 4 to 6LB loaded with 4LB and an 8LB leader was screaming, he did bloody well and got it boat side before the hook straighten, Oh well next time mate B)

post-6136-144598699019_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598699008_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598699067_thumb.jpg

Good company, good times.

Den

wicked sesh fellas - who'd boat is that in the pics tho? did you get your new one Ted? or have u finished your build-up

Its my boat :lol: You should know it well enough by now lol :lol:

ahhh ok ok.. let me know how the rebuild goes. i'm free after nov 10th haha so i can help after then =]

Archived