carp fishing anyone?

kevinchen19870316

Are these around Bulimba Creek carindale?

The creek near the shopping centre is chockers with big mullet, tilapia and carp. Good fun on unweighted light line and bread.

The occasional bream and tandanus catty turns up as well so its an interesting mix.

Angus

Big Dave and Aaron H used to fish it a fair bit. And i fished it several times. Down by the bridge that goes over the creek is a bit of a lagoon. In the lagoon are plenty of fish. And turtles :angry:

I have seen up to 20 carp and tillies caught in a session with little effort. And not small ones either.

In fact it may be well worth a look at present as it always seemed to fire up after rain.

Angus

No worries Kevin and Chubby.

I just checked google maps and the bridge i refer to is the one on Winstanley Street Carindale. The best success was usually had here around midday (or when the water is warmed up) using small hooks and not weight. Floats seemed not to be as successful as nothing. Its a bit of a pain but you can flick the bream bait towards the pilons of the bridge. This seemed to be the most productive. If you only get it out a little way (2-3m) dont worry, the tilapia will find it! Also a little bit of bread berley does not go astray. Just watch out for the ducks!

Smallish hook with the brad squashed onto it like dough and light line (4kg max) seemed to be the name of the game.

Good luck!

Hope to see some good verminated photo's soon.

Angus

Angus wrote:

No worries Kevin and Chubby.

I just checked google maps and the bridge i refer to is the one on Winstanley Street Carindale. The best success was usually had here around midday (or when the water is warmed up) using small hooks and not weight. Floats seemed not to be as successful as nothing. Its a bit of a pain but you can flick the bream bait towards the pilons of the bridge. This seemed to be the most productive. If you only get it out a little way (2-3m) dont worry, the tilapia will find it! Also a little bit of bread berley does not go astray. Just watch out for the ducks!

Smallish hook with the brad squashed onto it like dough and light line (4kg max) seemed to be the name of the game.

Good luck!

Hope to see some good verminated photo's soon.

Angus

Ahh the old spot haven't been there since I moved from Belmont to Runcorn. monster eels that know where the pylons are to, I might have to go for a bash down there I think, its a great spot when u cant be bothered hooking up a boat, want to get out of the sun, and cheap to fish (a loaf of bread ) and your set. Big mullet go hard to

Corn

small plastic spoon (used to catipult corn as ground bait)

4 to 5 kenells of corn on an unweighted hook ;) = CARP

Great fun on light gear

in slack water leave the line slack and bail arm open wait to see line moving and bingo

Gaz

hey Kev pm me spot x please

Feral wrote:

That was my haunting grounds when I was a kid! (Before Carindale was built) how do you reckon the grass would be Aaron after all the rain? Still be able to access the water ok?

Feral the fishing location of choice is easily accessible. You stand on teh bike path under the bridge. Comfy, flat, and rest your rod on the rail. Easy as.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Feral wrote:
That was my haunting grounds when I was a kid! (Before Carindale was built) how do you reckon the grass would be Aaron after all the rain? Still be able to access the water ok?

Feral the fishing location of choice is easily accessible. You stand on teh bike path under the bridge. Comfy, flat, and rest your rod on the rail. Easy as.

Angus

Thats the one rocks onto concrete, can't beat it;) , and when the peoiple come to feed the ducks ready made burley:) , just be careful of the stupid water hens, not the easiest to get a hook out of trust me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of time to kill Today, So went over to Carindale creek for a look with my 4 year old boy Jake.:)

Took some bread for bait and small long shanked hooks. The creek is still running fast from all the rain. Casted in and about 20 seconds later got hit. A small fight and landed a little Eel. "SNAKE DAD, SNAKE Be careful Dad":laugh: :laugh: My little fella got a bit worried:blink:

Anyways Stayed about an hour landed 8-10 Eels. Some big buggers in there, our bigest being about 1.5m.

Good fun with the boy.

Jayson

Nicely done Chubs:)

I've got a small creek (run-off from the suburb flows into it) about 50m away from my house and I've seen big Eels cruising in a particular hole. It was an awesome sight to see completely free swimming fish, not afraid of anything. I kinda want to catch one, but I feel sorry for them as there may not be too many in there:S

I also saw a few Turtles on that same day. I couldn't believe that there was such good life in this creek.

In that hole, sometimes when we've been testing home made lures (with out hooks on), big Eels come up and attack them. So they ain't shy:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived