Spots to fish

Griffo

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to Brisbane and after a recent trip back home to Townsville I a have now got my equipment down here with me. So I am now looking for some good spots to fish around the Brisbane area. There is probablly plenty of posts identical to this one so if I can be directed to them that would be great or some replies with the details of the hot spots would also be appreciated.

I know my way around pretty well and the trusty UBD will get me too places I do not know.

Thanks

well you can catch sharks, rays and catfish almost anywhere in the Brisbane River.

at areas like jetty's, pontoons, pylons, rock areas etc you'll find fish like bream.

Couple of areas you could check out are the mouth of Norman creek, or the mouth of Breakfast creek (Newstead)

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/11/30 15:27

Griffo there are heaps of things that will be added to this site, we are just a litle busy with the comp at the moment but will get onto it after that.

One of these things will be a more comprohensive guide to the Brisbane River and sorrounds. So stay tuned.

In the mean time however, as terry said, if you throw a line nearly anywhere in the river, you are highly likely to catch at the very least a catfish or 10. There are a lot more fish in the river than most realise.

If your keen come down and check out the weigh ins for the comp this weekend. It will be a good chance to meet fellow Brisabne based fishermen and maybe pick up some tips.

Cheers.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

HI DJG 24 WELCOME. aS TIMBO SAYS THE RIVER CAN BE QUITE PRODUCTIVE AND YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAVEL TOO FAR.

AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THERE IS USUALLY A GOOD RUN OF WHITEING ALONG THE SANDY BEACHES ON THE REDCLIFFE PENINSULA.

MARGATE USED TO BE MY FAVORITE WITH A HIGH TIDE AROUND 8 PM. LOCAL DUG WRIGGLERS ARE THE BEST BAIT BUT CRIBB ISLAND WORMS ARE A CLOSE SECOND.

THE HORNIBROOK HIGHWAY BRIDGE IS A GOOD STANDBY FOR BREAM AROUND THE PYLONS BUT YOU LOSE A FEW AS THEY GO STRAIGHT FOR THE PYLON.

HAVE A READ THROUGH THE PAST POSTS AND YOU WILL GET A GOOD IDEA OF SPOTS AND TIMES TO GO THERE.

GOOD LUCK

RAY

Archived