braid to mono knots

fishingnut

I still struggle with the albright letting go when used on similar diamiter lines. Also it wears out after half a day so I don't trust it. I have had several let go.

Uni to Uni with 7/5 wraps for thick lines and 9/7 for thinner. Never had it let go but is a little bulky going past the guides.

But my favourite is the bimini twist connected with a catspaw to a twisted double leader, altough I am getting suspicious of the catch rate being affected by the extra vibration down he line.

Is there a better one?

dont use a standard allbright withg braid it will slip and let go, with braid,. especially light braid you need to use an improved allbright special knot

this variation on the standard allbright is especially designed for light braid

if you dont trust your knots superglue them its a common practice in game fishing circles

I use a slowly tied and tested allbright. If it's for bigger fish an improved allbright.

Tie it carefully and it should be OK. but having said that I've used different kinds of leaders that don't seem to like the allbright. Thats why I stick to one brand of leader now. I don't like surprises.:(

The allbright seems to slip through the guides fairly well being a slim barrel shape.

I tried to tie a slim beauty in my ten lb braid and almost lost the plot...might be easier on heavier stuff.

I try to keep it as simple as I can for when I have to retie on windy days or low light.

Put 10lb PE Castaway braid on to my Steez the other day and tied an allbright knot with my leader and it kept snapping it was becoming a bit of a joke actually just about went back to TW I thought the braid might of been a bit dodgey but tied the improve allbright and held perfect so yeah what the other guys are saying about some lines don't like certain knots is certainly true there.

jeff f wrote:

dont use a standard allbright withg braid it will slip and let go, with braid,. especially light braid you need to use an improved allbright special knot

this variation on the standard allbright is especially designed for light braid

I use 4lb braid with 6lb leader and I just use the standard one and have never had it fail. I tie and test it very well before I start casting though. I'll check out the improved albright special tho:) Might be easier to tie properly

Do$tylz: Pretty sure it should always be the braid because the one that does the wraps has more friction acting on it, and most braids are slippery and require more friction; hense why you should always double the wraps in braid when compared to standard mono

Archived