Fishing licences

Feral

licence required for both fresh and salt water. Be carefull in the tweed it is all in nsw and they are quite vicious and take no excuses you just have to have a hand line in your posession and you are deemed to be fishing.

Fees are used for restocking but i dont know what percentage is returned after admin costs.

In qld the stocked impoundment scheme rips off aprox 40% for admin.

If they were fair dinkum all monies would br returned.

My local mp has tunnel vision and cant see me as he knows i am going to give him an earfull on this subject. So if you ever see yours give them an earfull about it.

Back to the subject in NSW if you are a old age pensioner no licence is required but no excemption for seniors.

ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/12/11 19:11

here is the good guts from dpi website nsw note the 50% reduction for the tweed.

Recreational fishing fee

When you're fishing in NSW waters, both freshwater and saltwater, you're required by law to pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Fee and have receipt for payment in your possession. This also applies when spear fishing, hand lining, hand gathering, trapping and bait collection and prawn netting or when in possession of fishing gear in, on or adjacent to waters. There are some exemptions.

All money raised by the recreational fishing fee is placed into the Recreational Fishing Trusts and spent on improving recreational fishing in NSW.

You can pay the NSW Recreational Fishing Fee for three days ($6), one month ($12), a year ($30) or three years ($75) from:

* Hundreds of standard and gold fishing fee agents

* By calling 1300 369 365

If you have a current freshwater licence, you can use it to fish in all waters, including saltwater, until it expires.

Have you lost your fishing fee receipt? Apply for a replacement PDF19 KB

If you're planning to fish from a charter boat or go with a fishing guide, ask the operator if you're covered by their exemption certificate. If the operator has paid an annual fee, you may not need to pay your own fishing fee receipt. A 50 per cent concession applies to people who only fish in the tidal waters of the Tweed River and prescribed adjacent beach areas.

Ray

Archived