Australia Day Long Weekend

Angus

Yeap should be good. Im not sure how many boats have comitted though yet. Hopefully ill be decky for Brian D so we should all bump heads closer to the date and work out timings, locations etc so we can meet up on land or on the water. What camp site you planning use noname?

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Yeap should be good. Im not sure how many boats have comitted though yet. Hopefully ill be decky for Brian D so we should all bump heads closer to the date and work out timings, locations etc so we can meet up on land or on the water. What camp site you planning use noname?

Cheers.

Angus

i will be looking for the closest to the water and ramp, so i guess around amity somewhere hopefully. will be getting sorted out shortly.

Angus wrote:

Cheers.

Angus

I'll be there for at least 2 days so yeah Angus, deckie spot is yours. I'll sort out my accomadation after I speak with the minister for war,finance & recreaction, but I'm leaning to an overnighter in the sand.

pinkey wrote:

Ill be at Noosa stinging the local fish population.

Nice one pinkey. Noosa is awesome this time of year. 1000's tourist fisher people during the day coz of the long weekend. But night time fires.

I usually walk around to Hells gates or any of the other headlands to escapre the crowds during the day. Its a great place and you can site some awesome fish.

I have to admit though its been years since I was a regular up there. (used to the family holiday destination like every single holiday!).

Angus

Angus wrote:

pinkey wrote:

Nice one pinkey. Noosa is awesome this time of year. 1000's tourist fisher people during the day coz of the long weekend. But night time fires.

I usually walk around to Hells gates or any of the other headlands to escapre the crowds during the day. Its a great place and you can site some awesome fish.

I have to admit though its been years since I was a regular up there. (used to the family holiday destination like every single holiday!).

Angus

i'll be up for whatever, camp, boat, beach, hitchhike.haven't fished thay way for a while so yeah i'm keen.

Angus wrote:

pinkey wrote:

Angus

yeah cant wait ill be there for a week. Cant wait cos that place screams surface fishing, im staying on the water so will be fishing every night :), dont realy have the right gear for Hells gates but might still check it out. Hopefully have a decant report with some good pics to put up when i get back.

Aaron H wrote:

Camping out west but haven't confirmed on a spot yet. I've narrowed it down to whetstone weir at Inglewood, Dumaresq river at Texas or Yarramalong weir on the condamine decisions decisions:laugh:

Texas had a bit of a flood go thru a couple of weeks ago, so the Dumaresq should be reasonable clear of weed.

ellicat wrote:

Aaron H wrote:
Camping out west but haven't confirmed on a spot yet. I've narrowed it down to whetstone weir at Inglewood, Dumaresq river at Texas or Yarramalong weir on the condamine decisions decisions:laugh:

Texas had a bit of a flood go thru a couple of weeks ago, so the Dumaresq should be reasonable clear of weed.

Thanks Elli, what do u reckon it would do for the fishing?

pinkey wrote:

Angus wrote:
pinkey wrote:

Angus

yeah cant wait ill be there for a week. Cant wait cos that place screams surface fishing, im staying on the water so will be fishing every night :), dont realy have the right gear for Hells gates but might still check it out. Hopefully have a decant report with some good pics to put up when i get back.

Hells gates is a great walk and you can sit the afternoon away watching the waves smash onto the rocks, or the dolphins playing around in the waves, or... I'm sure you'll find something to do when you get out there, even if you just sit and watch the world go by!!

Fishing wise, if you know where Woods Bays are, I'd hit there of a morning or afternoon session - great place to fish!! I'm planning on heading up there this Sunday for a session with the sp's and poppers... and with any luck will be up that way for the Australia Day long weekend too!!

Hope you have a great time up there and I'd be keen to know how you get on!!

Shorty :)

Aaron H wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Aaron H wrote:

Thanks Elli, what do u reckon it would do for the fishing?

I reckon the cod would be feverishly defending their new holes and snags ;) (with any luck)

If you do head out that way and you take your yak, I reckon above Bonshaw weir for a few km's would be worth the paddle.

Archived