Landbased fishing from reclaimed land?

rival81

Hi all,

This is my first post on your forums and you seem to have a great community of fishers on here! I'm just recently getting into fishing, land-based. I have two spinning reels, a bunch of lures, and a few burley cages on a hand reel which i've been using.

I've had a couple goes fishing brekky creek but thus far no luck. Caught a small whiting at deep water bend last sunday morning using Gulp.

I'm thinking of heading to the reclaimed land at port of brisbane... can this be fished on foot? It's hard to tell on google maps where you can/can't go on foot, so any advice would be much appreciated! Where are the spots to fish from etc?

Will probably be using Gulp soft plastics and hard lures... i suppose these are ok? Not targeting any particular fish species.

Re this reclaimed portion of land at POB.....

Mate of mine is involved in a part of the project going on there...

He reckons that there is a sizeable amount of fish that have been caught up ther ein the body of water and workers often have some fun smashing it up in there........

b*tches!!

Feral wrote:

Yeah I heard that on Nuggets show a week or two back.

What's this then?

Welcome aboard Newbie! I was once a newbie not so long ago. This site rocks! All the info you require, the occassional bitch fight and a great community spirit! Going out with the guys for a fish is both fun and rewarding as per info and technique! (Don't out fish 'em though, they'll be at yer spot 'til they outfish you!!!) B) B) B) B) B)

gday and welcome , the body of water trapped by the reclaimed land is full of a massive school of snapper that are starving, a lil while ago there was a security guard on night shift that was taking bribes to let people fish in there..... very very wrong , but it is also wrong that there has been no effort to catch and release the snapper back to the river, they might do this as the land starts to fill the gap but by then it will be to late as they are starving all ready , you can fish from a boat along sections of the wall but there is signs stating you can not step foot on the wall or mor your boat against it, but the workers still get the option to fish it... i didnt know port of brisbane have a licence to trap fish ... lol with a big rock net ....there is still a few landbased spots around the mouth you can give a go , like pinkenba rock wall ,luggage point , claras rocks. there might even be a spot opposite pinkenba boat ramp , not sure but might be able to access... worth exploring as its a rock wall with a good drop off , it is a long wall with alot of possible spots...

you can fish land based at the reclaimed pond... me and my bro went mission imposible there about a month ago... crawled under a fence and walked about four k's on sand dunes to get there... only fished for 20 mins b4 wind blew up..without a bite :(. apparently it does hold fish but there was a security ute driving round pretty constant and u have to be prepared for a long walk.. but if it gets u a trophy snap/ flatty/ tailor or bream then it wood be worth it.

Old Scaley wrote:

>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=3&id=127646

Before we get too carried away with the massive snapper schools trapped in the reclaimed land, remember back to post above from last year.

yeah there is still big schools in the big front section of the reclaimed land , but what happened to photos of the greens releasing 15 ton? there is alot of rumours but not much proof of release of the snapper , all the port has done is put up signs to deter people from chasing them in the bug main pond, so now you can be fined for entering the area and fishing off the wall.

that whole area where the reclaimed land is used to be bishop island with sand and sunken barges all around it this used to be the best snapper ( nobys) fishing in the bay and they just built a wall around bishop island and are now filling it in with sand thats how they got in there i reckon. by doing this they have put a stop to a masive breeding and hatchery of snapper at the mouth of the river and they wonder why we have a fish stock problem. the land is cursed stay clear of it i reckon

Archived