State of origin Comp - who's camped where

Feral

i got 2 sites so i guess if u can't get a spot there will be room to pitch a small tent or 2 ,if any1 is really hard up for a place to camp i can share i guess.

u got to be prepared for a lot of noise.with 7 kids we are not the quietest mob.

i have a chat with the park and it ok for more to come on my site .

cost is 12 adult ,6 kid a night,payed to the park.

i got a area 5 1/2 meters wide and 11 meters long ,about.

i got the bigger spot as we usually have extras turn up of come with us.

the normal camp we end up with is 5 or 6 tents and 15 to 20 people .

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

i got 2 sites so i guess if u can't get a spot there will be room to pitch a small tent or 2 ,if any1 is really hard up for a place to camp i can share i guess.

u got to be prepared for a lot of noise.with 7 kids we are not the quietest mob.

i have a chat with the park and it ok for more to come on my site .

cost is 12 adult ,6 kid a night,payed to the park.

i got a area 5 1/2 meters wide and 11 meters long ,about.

i got the bigger spot as we usually have extras turn up of come with us.

the normal camp we end up with is 5 or 6 tents and 15 to 20 people .

cheers mate thanks for the offer.

i have no problems with 7 kids. infact i might just turn into number 8 haha.

will let you know if im gonna join ya.

• 1 month later...

I have just arrived back at work to find out I hav been summons as a witness in southport magistrates court Friday 22/5/9 9.00am. so I won't be getting an early start.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ray, the cabin is fully paid for so just go on down and I'll meet you there.

copied this from NCF. Some good info here.

Just thought I would point out a couple of precautions for anyone who might be new to boating on the Brunswick River

You can get a map at http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/docs/ma ... _front.pdf

First note that it is no fishing in the Sth Arm or Simpson's Ck upstream of about the Bowls Club. It is also very shallow in this arm. The Nth Arm or Marshall's Ck is also a no go zone except for some very limited areas at the two entrances to what is called Reading's Bay on the map. Again very shallow at low tide.

If you go anywhere near oyster racks note that there are many old submerged posts around them (and on some flats) so be very cautious. This is particularly the case either side of the river near the mouth of Midjimbil Ck (there are port and starboard markers in that area). Midjimbil Ck is shown on the map after the major left hand bend upstream from the Ferry Reserve caravan park which is where I understand you will register. That creek is also very shallow.

There are also a few hazards between the Caravan Park and that bend. The whole area to the west of the Caravan Park and both sides of Mangrove Island just upstream can get very, very shallow at low tide. There is a channel along the rock wall of the park and you can also usually get through a bit further across. THe main channel past mangrove Is is along the northern bank. The sand banks are usually obvious but not when the sun is low or its overcast so take care in that area.

The most dangerous hazard is the pipeline which runs across the river up stream of Mangrove Is. It is shown on the map as a red dotted line and there are warning/no anchoring signs either side of the river but they are not very obvious. Even at higher tides when traveling upstream I follow the channel well to the left of the river after I pass Mangrove Is and cross the pipe on that side (you then need to move to the other side as there is a shallow area on the inside of the left hand bend directly ahead of you). On a run out tide you will often see a pressure wave across more than half the river caused by the water running over the pipe.

Upstream is generally ok if you keep to the outside of the bends unless you go right up near Mullumbimby where there are some dangerous rockbars.

Regards and good luck to all

kingfisher

Any body in the market for a new boat feel free to come see the boat I will have down at the comp, They are built by a mate of mine who has a long history of working on some big brand names and has started producing some for him self. They are a nice 16 foot center consol with a top class finish. You can catch me up on site 148 or at the pub

trwarren83 wrote:

By the way rob Brunswick is before byron, not 3-4 hours away as youve been told lol i rekkon it will take us an hour & 45 tops

Trav, your spot on mate. With the new bypass as well its 1 hour and 45 max!

Its actually a top little spot and in all reality easily doable as a day trip with little effort.

Angus

P.S. On that note anyone planning a pre fish this weekend :P

maxi wrote:

done .....i booked both sites ... so u up for another night elli ..... hahahahahheheheheheeeee

Mate I'll be doing my best to get an early mark so I can get there late Friday but if you want my space early go ahead and book it. Happy to cough up the extra, just make sure it's all ready for me to just lob in and crack a lid. :woohoo:

• 2 months later...

Archived