Oil in Bris River Now

personally, i think they have commited a crime and be locked up. along with the top wigs at maritime queensland. for letting them steam into rough seas. i know these boats are capable of these seas, but it would not seem so in this case, would it. i believe if a rescue attempt can not be made, head to sea, go around. if this was the case the skipper would be on his way back to hong kong now.

Yep.

They obviously knew they were in the wrong. From my understanding, you have to take something equivalent to a university degree to captain a bulk carrier.

Then, there was the "dilluting" the diesel and oil solution. Not done(heard on news)

And sunshine coast told not to use heavy machinery. Which they have. Not their fault they want their beach beautiful. Is it?

Thank god this isn't us -
/>http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=4175&pid=12213

GOD!! Help us if it was. I remember the last ship to lose cargo. They had bmw Motorbikes on them!! And if u retrieved one, you got to keep it!

msc_napoli.jpg

its not a bulk carrier - they'de have handled the swell a bit better .. bit of random info - captain of pacific adventurer has had 14 years experience sailing the eastern aussie coast, 4 as captain.

heres a good link
/>http://www.cnco.com.hk/upload/EN/fleet/challenger/MV_Pacific_Adventurer.pdf

That photo gallery is a shocker and makes me even more angry.....where are the pollies on this, if the state cant handle the situation Rudds mob needs to jump int take control of this clean-up. The photos showing the 2 or 3 people in the'cleanup crew' with a rake, and miles of affected coast cracks me up.....totally shameful...let the able and willing get involved with the clean up, and supply the equipment thats needed..thats all the government needs to do for $@&%s sake.

oky edited the secnod last word...sorry :blush:

has anyone seen news reports on it today?

haven't watched news all day.

Thats the problem...minimal reporting all over.....with the election around the corner I am wondering what reporting is being allowed, lets face it, may as well call the Courierm mail Anna Mail (also worried about scaring off coming tourists), in addition to anna's mug and/or video on nearly Courier mail website page. I wrote the Mail today about my veiws regards to lack of numbers and to set up a hotline of some sort so that people could register an expression of interest to help if they were called upon, and no response back from them......leaving me feeling a bit bewildered (even more so) with why people allow this crap to happen in Qld, fed crap by the government from all angles and the balls to say that no-one else could do a better job and 'trust us, it's all good'.....their track record speaks for itself....

I wonder.

Government - the public can't win!?

We have springborg and anna... No win win for us fishos

Aparently it's 12!!! Times worse than thought.

230 tonne says the deputy premier. 240 says 9 news.

Crew said 20 - 30 tonne.

What's next? Rudd saying the ship has sunk.

And the ship has had a crash before - killing 17 sailers.

$250mill clean up bill for Swire Shipping.

Capt & crew are liars, Anna does't know what day it is, Dep Prem can't count, John Watkinson needs his backside kicked for lack of action in the beginning,EPA want to keep the cleanup for themselves...we need MANDRAKE Sutherland who can fix anything. Ask him , he'll tell you!!!!!:ohmy:

Not that I consider the Courier Mail a reliable source of information, there was a report based on an interview with one of the crew memebrs, given on the condition of anonimity. The crew memeber basically said that the crew feared for their lives as the supposedly experienced fvcktardt, mongoloid captain (who was obviously repeatedly dropped on his head at birth) steamed on sideways across big seas.

This angers me to the point of renewing my calls for him to be tortured, burned alive and cut into little pieces and fed to the marine creatures that have suffered so much as a result of his stupidity and incompetence.

I wonder.

This has gone from Terrible, to stuff up, to lies, to cover ups to getting there, to political shatstorm, to laughing parade, to getting there, to GOD KNOWS WHAT.

When will the government or news release the ACCURATE figures?

Capt. Bligh says 100t, Capt says 30t, Dept premier says 250tonne.

WHEN will there be accurate and realistic stats. 31 containers or 32?

30tonne of diesel or oil?

QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED!

Archived