Slacko's - no report from the fishing park?

Feral

You try fishing 24 hours straight. Then add cast netting and reeling in 7kg fish on 6lb line in between :P .

It went a bit quiet for awhile so we went insearch of those big Bream they've got in the park on SX40's and came back only with Barra! Tim had the gun colour, a shiney gold. I had a clear white belly and Gerty had a green and orange one. We were using lures early on for nothing and started using bait. We got quite a few in the late arvo/early night then it was a fish every 30-45mins during the night on pellets and livies and fresh baits.

The end tally was:

Tim,

On Lures: 3 Barra Landed, 1 Dropped Fish.

On Bait: 4 Barra Landed, About 30 lost.

Troy,

On Lures: 1 Dropped Fish.

On Bait: 7 Barra And One Mullet Landed, 3 or 4 Lost Fish.

Gerty,

On Lures: 0 Fish.

On Bait: 2 Barra Landed.

The biggest fish of out night was an 80cm, 7kg Barra landed by yours truly which took a live Silver Biddy, fought for 30 mins on 10lb mono and broke Tim's rod :) . Just so you know I was using Tim's rod since he landed a Barra on my rod ;) .

Silver Biddy's were the live bait of choice by us. A Biddy was going off every 30mins while no one else was getting anything on Pellets in Big Boys. Pellets were working quite well in Barra Creek. Jeff landed quite a few Barra, Cod and a few others including Bream and a record Tarwhine.

All up it was a pretty good days fishing followed by a 16hr sleep.

Troy

jeffs tally at fishing park

1 record tarwhine 450g only thing i weighed

4 bream biggest 40cm

6 barra, 4@45-50cm,1@68cm,1@72cm.

1 estuary cod 35cm

all fish landed on 2kgmono

went to sleep behind the wheel on the way home woke up cutting grass in the middle of the cunningham highway

5 minutes from home!!!!! no damage done to anything but the jocks:blink:

wont be working for 8 hours then driving for2, fishing for 20 then driving home again...ever....ever idiot.

Thats serious Jeff, You should have taken a swag. If you ever do it again, the blokes who are going to drive home should work a nap roster so you each got at least 2 hour sleep after midnight. You will still feel like crap, but will be safe to drive.

This is currently my favorite hobby horse, Fatigue is a big issue with the hours we work, and I have just been on a course run by the bloke at the Adelaide university sleep clinic, who has tooled me up to put in fatigue management processes at work.

Gezz Jeff

I bet you have a full range of emotions going on.

Lucky;)

Foolish:unsure:

Blessed;)

Scared:(

Stupid:blush:

and never again:S

The best part of that story is that you survived to tell the story - maybe you will save someone else from doing the same.

Mate I am glad yo're still with us but not as much a you I bet.

Brian D wrote:

Gezz Jeff

I bet you have a full range of emotions going on.

Mate I am glad yo're still with us but not as much a you I bet.

Jeff - I'm sorry, I forgot to say \"Good fishing Mate\". You did real well.:cheer: It's not often that Troy gets outfished!:woohoo:

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/09 11:54

It all depends on how much time you want to spend there. For kids (Under 16) it's $20 for 9 hours. For Adults I think it was $35 for 9 hours. They open at 9am, close at 6pm and I usually fish for that whole time. (9 hours)

Remember to take your Bream gear Dazz because that's all you need. Also take a couple of rods and catch your self a few livies in the cast net in the Maroochy River before you head in there or have a pellet out on one rod and flick a lure on another. Live Whiting and Silver Biddies are the gun bait at the park, as the 3 of us found.

It's $18 a kilo and you can only keep Barra on or under the legal size for Queensland (55cm). No other species are able to be kept as they only have a license to sell Barra. Plus you have to gut and scale them yourself. The reason for this is they don't exactly want you to take the Barra, it's more of a sporting park. But the option is there. That's why it's at a higher price then it would be normally. A 55cm Barra is around the 2-2.5kg mark so $36-$45.

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/01/11 17:34

• 3 months later...

Archived