Hinze Dam charter / guided fish

Feral

Hi,

Made the comment in another thread that we should do another Hinze event with Steve from Sports Tuition. There was a bit of agreement so thought a dedicated thread to discuss was in order.

Steve did well by us last year sponsorship wise at the Classic, (as did others) I reckon we should send a bit of business back his way, and have a bit of fun as well.

Last trip was $65 a head from memory, I think a minimum of 6? I am assuming we would be doing a mixture of charter / guide as some may want to take their own cannon balls (oops - sorry boats)

We have the Lenthalls trip on in february, at this stage march is pretty much free, just a inter club comp listed for the first weekend, it should still be warm enough for the Bass to be firing in march (I've caught plenty of Bass in winter anyway)

Anyway enough rambling - its open for discussion,

1. Is it a good idea?

2. If so when suites everyone?

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/01/20 19:20

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 100% in.

My Fiance's sister has got the fishing bug.

What better way to encourage that by putting her onto a dozen bass or so!

So put me down for two.

I might even try and get the Mrs along!

I figure its my best chance.

Nice scenery, electric powered boats, half day.

Very female friendly.

17th of March sounds good.

Can i wait that long? :P

Angus

Well I'd reckon Angus might be best as the \"contact man\" with our \"sponsor\" you up for it Angus? The 17th sounds good for me to.

Ask him if he will do a combined charter / guide trip, (So Brian can tag along in the canon ball!) We kept away a bit last time in our own boats because we did not want to be seen as \"sponging\" of Steve's knowledge while you blokes were the paying customers. If those in their own boats can toss in a few bucks as well, we can do it together!

Steve has quite a few boats as well as the canoes now, so that might be a better option of you bringing ladies.

Saw Steve today, Ray had a good yarn with him. Steve was impressed with our AFO shirts. Reckons he is looking at doing a shirt line of his own.

Gerty as stated in the first post about $65.

But this is well invested as live shrimp, gear and a cnaoe with electric motor is provided. Not to mention Steve who will literally put you right on a school of fish.

So dates confirmed?

Andrew do you want me to call Steve or will you?

Angus

I used jackells, minows, plastics,HB's, Tassie devils, and poppers, in all colours, shapes and forms. I could only catch em on shrimp.

The lures are worth taking but not as a primary method -not in hinze anyway.

Yeah I'll be coming but like Feral says I'm in the cannon ball, however unless Steve is willing to sell me $30 worth of Shrimp I will be choosing to donate to this site instead of him. Not that he arn't worth it cause he is, and more. If I could afford both I would - it's about keeping funds in the family so to speak.

I meet Lyn the other day - not a bad sort either;) Worth the $65 admin fee alone:)

Ok cool.

Im pretty sure we can pretty much take over a while day charter with steve. 6 Canoes. About 12 people. And a few more in their boats. Ill call him tonight for the 18th of March.

First in best Dressed re filling the spaces.

Ill make it a AFO event.

Angus

rayke1938 wrote:

Angus Ray Kennedy and mate Graham Pflaum are definate starters but the old buggers want to be in one of the tinneys.

Ray

jeffrey robert flynn and his father terry john flynn will be joining you and this fat bugger and his old man had better have a tinny too,please

I am definitely up for it as well. If we fill Steve's boats, I will take my boat, but with Steve is 1st option.

I figure it is best for you to ring, Angus, if you haven't already, as mentioned sponsor contact and all! (Dont want him to think you only ring when you've got the old hand out!).

Arron - only if I don't bring the missus or family along - so no promise. I want the cannon ball for comfort but we'll still pay our way.

Jeff, the tinnies Steve has a great little 3.5mt quinnies - you'll enjoy that.

Note to fly fisherman - Steve can put outriggers on if you want to spend time throwing fluffy bugs around.

Ok.

I have spoken with Steve.

And then funnily enough i ran into him yesterday anyway!

He is keen as for the event on teh 18th.

He also said if anyone wants to pay but tage along in their own boats and get shrimp etc thats fine.

Closer to the date i will also ask if you would prefer to be in a canoe or a boat.

People that have thus far expressed interest are:

Angus Gorrie

Tanya Long

Natalie Long

Jeff Flynn

Terry Flynn

Aaron H

Travis

Rowena

Andrew Kennedy

Ray Kennedy

Graham Pflaum