Hinze Dam charter / guided fish

Feral

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerty_92 wrote:

im gonna beat u dom:P ...

also what are these canoes like is it possible to take two rods each...like are there rod holders or will i just have to switch from bait to lure?

Gerty, when I went with Steve I took 2 rods and it was great, however, Steve provides everything including rods of good quality for those who don't have everything.

Gerty_92 wrote:

are there rod holders

Yep called left and right hand! :evil:

Plenty of room, they are basically a 3 man canoe with a flat bum for the motor to mount. Battery sits in front of rearmost person, there are bars across the canoe that you can rest the ends of rods on easy enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry to hound.

But here is the list of people who have confirmed.

Travis.

Rowena.

Angus Gorrie.

Tanya Long.

Natalia Long.

Aaron H.

Andrew Kennedy.

Alex Kennedy.

Dom.

Cameron Geraghty.

Jeff Flynn.

Terry Flynn.

Timbo: Not sure was that a confirmation?

Cheers

Angus

rayke1938 wrote:

Angus Ray Kennedy and mate Graham Pflaum are definate starters but the old buggers want to be in one of the tinneys.

Ray

Angus I had previously committed Myself and Graham Pflaum as requiring a seat in a tinney, I also have a possible/probable Bob Barrett but cant confirm as he is a poultry farmer and is looking for someone to look after the farm that day. Will know for certain after Lenthals. If he comes he is another tinney seat person.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/02/09 12:13

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys this is the updated list for Hinze.

Jst so we can give Steve fair warning i will give this thread one more week and close it on the 6th of March.

John Petrie

Buck Byron

Travis.

Rowena.

Angus Gorrie.

Tanya Long.

Natalia Long.

Aaron H.

Andrew Kennedy.

Alex Kennedy.

Dom.

Cameron Geraghty.

Jeff Flynn.

Terry Flynn.

Brian Dawson

Peirre

Graham P

Ray Kennedy

Shaping up to be an awesome day!

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/02/27 06:23

Gday one and all.

Sorry to be fussy, but i need to give Steve Information this week.

Can you please specify what form of boat you woudl like. Tinny or Canoe? (Both motorised), or if you will be using your own water craft.

This is the list at present. Sorry if you have already specified i just dont have time to read back through all the posts.

John Petrie - Canoe

Buck Byron - Canoe

Travis.- Canoe

Rowena. - Canoe

Angus Gorrie. - Canoe

Tanya Long. - Canoe

Natalia Long. - Canoe

Aaron H. - ?

Andrew Kennedy. - Canoe

Alex Kennedy.- Canoe

Dom - ?

Cameron Geraghty - ?

Jeff Flynn - ?

Terry Flynn - ?

Brian Dawson- Own Boat.

Peirre - ?

Graham P- Tinny.

Ray Kennedy- Tinny.

Julia Bradly - Canoe

Michael Alexander- Canoe

James Wahry - ?

Ash Anderson - ?

Timbo - ?

Nelson Corbett - ?

Cheers everyone.

Openings for this trip will close tommorrow.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/03/06 06:58

dom... wrote:

hey angus,

im definitely coming and whod either be in a canoe with gerty or if the tinnys can hold 3 people which im assuming they can ...... timbo could come with us aswell

would you be keen for that timbo?

If wer'e allowed I'm keen. But seriously if some one else needs a partner for a canoe I'm here... Don't want anyone feeling left out. also which ever one is easier.

hey guys,

count me in for the trip to hinze!!!

im free that weekend so i will definately be coming down. i might also have a mate that wud be interested in coming, i will ask him and let u know angus (tomorrow). could we please use a canoe and if my mate doesnt come id be looking for some1 to share with?

Tim A, mate i could go with you if my mate doesnt want to or cant come, ill let u know and u can decide.

thanks.

-nelson corbett-

adventure_angler wrote:

hey guys,

count me in for the trip to hinze!!!

im free that weekend so i will definately be coming down. i might also have a mate that wud be interested in coming, i will ask him and let u know angus (tomorrow). could we please use a canoe and if my mate doesnt come id be looking for some1 to share with?

Tim A, mate i could go with you if my mate doesnt want to or cant come, ill let u know and u can decide.

thanks.

-nelson corbett-

Sure thing.

Ok guys ill be calling Steve today and confirming 24 for the trip. Well done!

Should be a cracker of a day.

As im not 100% how many Canoes there are, or the logistics of getting the canoes and the tinny's there, ill wait to confirm what everyone will be in.

Rest Assured that there will be water craft for everyone though.

I will post Meeting location, time etc once i have liased with Steve.

See Y'all there!

Angus

This is gonnna be a fab trip. So just let me get this straight.

Its $65 per person.

With that money we get a canoe with an electric or a little tinny, we get shrimp and we get a permit for the day.

How many shrimp do we get? Do you think we'll need more from somewhere? And the canoes hold 2 people easy? We meet at a place yet to be determined at a time yet to be determined and fish for half a day? Do we meet steve nearish a cafe type thing? Because I had alook at the dam a month ago and saw a trailer with loads of kayaks on it.

Sorry about all the questions but I wasn't watching this post at the beginning and am really busy so can't go back and read them all.

Thanks

Tim

Hey Tim

The canoes fit 2 easy and you get heaps of shrimp, too many in fact - last time I couldn't use them all.

But here's a tip - do not put your hand into the live bait with sun screen on. (Hi Jimmy and Troy) It'll kill the shrimp quicker then me eating a big mac. I use a seperate container to tip a couple of shrimp in at a time.

Meeting place is on Western Ramp but I think they have closed the top of the bridge to traffic due to raising the wall (right Feral), so make sure you come in the back way.

Time - Angus will confirm and I think it's still $65.

Archived