Bass electric boat

Tom B

Picked my new tinnie up yesterday, a Bluefin 375 trekker

in the next few weeks ill be starting the modifications which include full casting decks, livewell, tackle storage and possibly a rod locker if i can fit it in,

the power plant will be a 80lb minnkota terrova upfront and maybe some 55lbers on the transom

will keep the post up to date with all the mods as i go along [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P5090084_AFO.jpg

post-136-14459849232_thumb.jpg

With all those motors and batteries your likely to need a bit of quality wire.

I get mine from this bloke on Ebay,

[ebay]230228972776[/ebay]

Just on $6 a metre for twin core, I got another 5 metres from him the other day, 2 days delivery, postage was about $9.

Its great stuff, I've been running it for a year in my boat, runs cold as feeding my 54's (12 volt) and 65 (24 volt). His anderson plugs are a bit expensive, you can do better for those elsewhere.

I also run BiMetalic 50 amp fuses in line as well (Those that click out when they get hot, then click back in cool down).

[ebay]310032427440[/ebay] Cheap insurance.

More importantly Tom.

How many batteries are going in this beast ? :P

I can't wait to see it, especially after you mentioned what you wanted to do with it that time at borumba! Definitely sounds like its going to be a nice boat. Now with pictures of the vessel, looks like a nice platform to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit more to do on the transom to get it to take a 20hp, mainly two supports running from the transom to the box section to create a little splash well,

and thats it for this weekend, would of had it all done if it wasnt for this weather but what can you do? [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P5240158_AFO.jpg

post-136-144598494723_thumb.jpg

shortie wrote:

for your circuit breakers try here
/>http://www.12volt.com.au/

shop in aus for same sorta pricing.

That bloke I get mine from on Ebay Shortie is at Gumdale, (Redland Bay), so definately Australian. I had a look at the 12 volt shop, whilst a bit dearer, they look better components. However I dont like their selling system, I want to know what the cost is straight up and order then and there, dont like the commit to sell and then "they will ring you up with the price" bit!.

Tom B wrote:

From Coorparoo Marine I hope?

Why's that Ray?

Because I got it from Logan River Marine for $160 less than Coorparoo

They are both good dealers I have just known Mick at Coorparoo Marine for years and know how honest and ethical he is.

No big deal the blue fin range are built so solidly compared to some of the other bits of pressed metal on the market. Just look at the number of ribs in it.Very rare to hear of a blue fin cracking.

Cheers

Ray

I did have a good shop around before deciding on a hull, and the bluefins stood out for that reason, they are a very solid little tinny

And I did speak to the guys at coorparoo marine at the boat show but they just wanted to much for it

• 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty sweet Tom. I like the angled floor between the back deck and casting platform. A bit different and good for stability of the seated occupants when on the move?

Never seen it before but I reckon it is awesome. Look forward to seeing more pics of the build.

Brett

Archived