New casting deck a go-er!!!

Travis

Not quite how i would do it.

I would of folded the carpet under the ply so no ply edges were exposed.

Battery and fuel tank very close together.

I know you have put both forward for weight distribution but if it was me i would be moving the battery away from the tank.

MoparKevUk wrote:

:blink: Is the front petrol tank plumbed in? And what size cable for the battery to motor to take up the voltage drop? Do the petrol pipes and cables run in the same conduit? :dry: :unsure: :woohoo:
oi kevvy! tank is a goer, 7.5 amp cabling to the switch panel, no charging reg on the donk. the fuel line runs along side the wiring, wiring is insulated, all fused. and not my boat :P

plan was to have the battery up front, fuel in the middle, with some odds n ends, but didn't work out that way. battery had to go there or down the back, although confined, it is ventelated, travis is forever fartin! i would be more concerned bout that:laugh:

Like others already mentioned the battery next to the fuel tank is potentially a recipe of disaster.

Fairly recently a friend of mine was planing on going fishing the following morning. When his alarm clock went off at sparrow farts, out of habit he just snoozed it a few times. Not too long after he woke up to a raging inferno. There was some unexplained short near the battery (no dodgy wiring or anyything) and the front of the boat was incinerated to the point of burning holes through the aluminium hull. Luckily the fuel tank was located right down the stern otherwise 20L of fuel and the whole house would have gone up in the middle of the night. Boat was inside the garage.

ok its only a peice of ply over the top, vapours lay low and there is still the big gaps under the seats front and back, theres nothing to arc out as the woring is kept simple, one cable in pretty much, i will be more worried about smoking in the boat, the tank dosnt have to be venting all the time either, not a big engine i just have to crack the vent once an hour or so if im trolling, it uses bugger all fuel. ill let you know if she blows anyway :laugh:

trwarren83 wrote:

ok its only a peice of ply over the top, vapours lay low and there is still the big gaps under the seats front and back, theres nothing to arc out as the woring is kept simple, one cable in pretty much, i will be more worried about smoking in the boat, the tank dosnt have to be venting all the time either, not a big engine i just have to crack the vent once an hour or so if im trolling, it uses bugger all fuel. ill let you know if she blows anyway :laugh:

Dont worry about letting us know. We will see in on the news. :P;)

i have to agree with trav on this, the battery is a box not open and hydrocarbon vapours fall not rise also with the gap in the seat at the bottom it will actualy draw vapours out from under there, like a reverse cowl hood on a car.

wesfish wrote

nice!!!!, now you just need the lower floor done, which i have some simple but effective way of doing, you will need some alloy angle , rivets , and 10mm marine ply , oh and carpet lol bit hard to describe in text but maybe one day i can show you mine... when i asked the boat shop for a full middle floor they quoted 800 bucks and i done mine for under 100...i just have my rear deck to go which i might do in a couple of weeks....

Wesfish post that got lost last night.

not going to worry about the lower floor, theres already a floor there so why build another on top, casting deck needed to go in because its a smaller tinny and that crap took up too much room, now i can go up the front to throw the anchor without falling in the piss over tanks and buckets :laugh:

Archived