For Sale - Nissan Skyline R31

fishyman

hey guys

ok got a car for sale

Nissan Skyline Executive Sedan (color: white)

Automatic

6 cylinder 3.0L engine

only done 37000kilometres, yes only 37000

comes with towbar and ball and has a braked trailer towing limit of 1.5T

only has ever had one owner which was my grandad and he gave it to me recently because he cannot drive it anymore (deaf/going blind)

only selling because my mother thinks its too powerful, plus i wouldnt mind a 4WD

its in great condition, re registered and re done suspension aswell

asking $2600

ill put up some pics later this afternoon after work

CAR.jpg

CAR2.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Did you tell you mum that the average 6 cylinder family falcon or commodore is only just under the maximum power limit for P platers? It might have a better power to weight ratio, but the old girls only ran about 140kw, well under the limit for P Platers. I doubt it would go any quicker than mums falcon.

DO some research and present her with a case.

what feral said .

try and keep it m8 would make a great first car .low km's wow .should go for ever.

the one owner and knowing the history etc ,u hardily ever get a car like that.

it got a towbar .ready to tow the boat.

for the price u are selling it u can't really buy anything that any good.

mate if it was me i would be pushing hard to keep it .

if i had 2600 spare i would grab it off u in a snap just to drive to work and tow the tinny around.

i know it's not a 4x4 but u can always get a 4x4 later or as a second car later .

4x4 cost $ to fix and keep going u brake stuff on them .specially if u use them hard as a 4x4.

a 4x4 is a bigger money pit than any normal car and do not as good on the fuel as a normal car .even of they are a 4 cyc.

also think about insurance for 1 of those cars your talking about at your age too, and parts are quite exy for those, do things like ring a dealer, tell them you need to have a 40,000km service, and how much?? . if it is a good car i'd use that. your pop's i mean.

yeah i realise itll cost me more

and personally i am happy with the skyline, in my opinion not to powerful or anything like that but its easier to just agree with the mother rather than try to argue my point. i think she is a bit worried about safety aswell (eg no airbags etc etc)

all in all, something like an xtrail would suit me better so this is for sale

fishyman wrote:

yeah i realise itll cost me more

and personally i am happy with the skyline, in my opinion not to powerful or anything like that but its easier to just agree with the mother rather than try to argue my point. i think she is a bit worried about safety aswell (eg no airbags etc etc)

all in all, something like an xtrail would suit me better so this is for sale

Dont know anything really about Skylines.

But my Xtrail suits my needs perfectly. Its also not bad at all towing your boat made so theres the road test :)

Angus

[img size=306]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/349106.jpg They're called "Soft Roaders" Feral. I drive one and it's so pretty that hairdressers actually come out of thier shops to tease me as I drive by.

You stick to your guns fishyman, aint nothing wrong with driving a girly car :laugh:

I took it out west and got endless amounts of c**p from my brothers and mates.

My poor little car was so scared of all the big bad Hiluxes and Cruisers that its steering wheel was shaking.

post-1750-144598499586_thumb.jpg

nothing wrong with x-trails.....except dont put all your camping gear in them and expect to get anywhere on the beach with soft sand hanging around...believe me they are a good little bitumen road vehicle and good for towing a 600 kilo boat...but if going offroad...make sure you have a snatch strap...youll need one.

After doing a fair ammount of research I settled on a pathfinder.

I managed to find one that is on LPG and would advise anyone that had a 6 cylinder 4x4 to seriously think about converting, it's well woth it especially when you get money back from the government.

Anyway, the pathy is a very nice size for driving around town and since buying it I've had it on the beach twice and it was great, no problems getting through the soft sand at all.On the weekend I took it down some muddy tracks and the clearance was a bit of an issue (although it still didn't get stuck).

Dunno much about the xtrails (besides a mate laughing his ass off at the tv commercial) but the foresters aren't going to get very far once they get of the sealed road, they're a great looking car, and I seriously thought about getting one but they're not really much use off road.

A snatch strap is like a monster rubber band that uses the stretch/contract effect to snatch vehicles out of bog holes.

Used carefully and corectly they're a great tool, used carelessly they can be very dangerous, especially with cheap U bolts.

tom do your self a favour and get a dual cab turbo diesel ute,all the real men have them ahhaha..most of those soft roaders are poo.most arent even a real 4wd even tho they claim to be.the x-trails are a front wheel drive car that will pull in the rear ones as well when the "4wd" is needed...last thing u wanna be doing i depending on that to happen when u really need 4wd.they also have no low range...and those little 4cyl part time 4wd's are fine crusing around town but try to tow anything and you will be on par with v8 fuel consumption.

pick of the little 4wd is those suzuki vitara's in the turbo diesel..they are the only true 4wd that are little.rear wheel drive when in normal mode then they have real 4wd credientials such as a transfer case to put u into low range and all the good stuff you need when you NEED it

guys you would be surprised just how snappy the old RB30 in these things are, my friend had a wagon version and it used to haul arse with about 400,000kms on it this thing looks mint!

RB30 is an awesome little motor in a reasonably light car :)

I reckon keep it jack it up throw some 4x4 wheels under it and add a dirty big turbo head setup from an R33 Skyline once your off your P's - then go defeat the land cruisers and patrols at their own game :laugh:

zan0_15 wrote:

hey mate...iv got a cruiser and love it!!! the old oiler its great! do u have any idea in what it costs to get gas as well? also have u any knowledge on this gas injected diesel system i have heard about???? cheers

Dunno man as mine was fitted when I bought it, I have been told that the state government gives a 2000 dollar rebate, and that the federal gov. gives another 1000, but you'd need to check it out as I'm really not sure.

I have a mate that's a mechanic and he wasn't to positive about the diesel gas systems, I think they might be gas only systems (NOT duel fuel) which is no good as if you want to go anywhere you are super limited by the range of the LPG tank.

Do$tylz wrote:

Tom... surely you've posted this for sale in Boostcruising.com and cruisingbrisbane.com??

to be honest never heard of these sites hahaha

but i havnt really tried to sell it, just thought id give someone on here a chance before i put it somewhere else

Do$tylz wrote:

ok..well im pretty confident you'll get some good enquiries there. Might get some douche lowballers but they're good places to sell this type of car locally.

and a bunch of twats wanting to swap it :silly:

Archived