NPD fires up!!! 15/8/09

Enjoyfish1

Well after some very average trips to NPD I was starting to look elsewhere for a fish. :unsure: However after a busy week at work I thought I will give it another go.

I guess the warm water has fired the bass up. I caught 3 bass and 1 yellow casting, dropped another 2 (felt like bass) and missed two hits on the lure. All the fish and hits were from casting, the lure was a NPD Napjaru purple lure. Given the still conditions I saw a couple of bass and the yellow hitting the lure close to the canoe which was exciting. :woohoo: At one point it didnt matter which way I was casting, towards the bank, or towards the deeper water the lure was getting smashed!!! They really switched on for about half an hour in one spot. It was also interesting to note that not one fish was taken on the troll, which I obviously didnt do much as the fish were aggressive in the shallows!!! :P

Cant wait for summer and surface action!!!! :woohoo:

DSC03194.jpg

Rocket75 wrote:

good to see some fish showing up again.

did you get a look at any of the catch cards for the last week or so?

thanks for sharing.

rocket

Nah Rocket, the capture cards were all taken. Mine was the first of the new batch. Not many people there on saturday so not too many cards to check.

Thats what impressed Ferg and I, we got the fish we got fishing how we like to fish, casting at the banks and structure. Typical winter bass fishing for us does not involve trolling or hunting schools in the open! we Like to target the stragglers staying in the structure.

With your catches from a similar fishing pattern, hopefully it means the bass will be back in numbers in the structure pretty soon!

Feral wrote:

Thats what impressed Ferg and I, we got the fish we got fishing how we like to fish, casting at the banks and structure. Typical winter bass fishing for us does not involve trolling or hunting schools in the open! we Like to target the stragglers staying in the structure.

With your catches from a similar fishing pattern, hopefully it means the bass will be back in numbers in the structure pretty soon!

Yes Feral it seems the bass are starting to move back into the shallows again which is much better than trolling for them in deep water, nothing better than a good hit with the rod in your hands. :P

Archived