Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp

Angus

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is going to use a live fish tank for the comp? I figure by the time you have a tackle bag each, an esky for lunch (and a few drinkies), a few rods and a cooler full of shrimp, room for another esky to use as a live tank might be a bit limited.

I thought it might be easier to use one of those mesh fish baskets you dangle over the side. Might be a bit easier on the fish as well, if you forget to keep changing the water in the live tank it can heat up and kill the fish.

What do others reckon?

Feral: Whatever you think will work best mate. I was just aiming at avoiding unessecery killing.

Guys these are the prizes as supplied by Wilsons.

Looks pretty awesome.

May the best man or woman win!!

Prize - Longest combined measurement for two bass. One caught on Saturday on shrimp or artificial and one on Sunday caught on artificial only.

Live Fibre Sportfishing Blade 'n' Tails 7' 2-4kg Light Spin

Prize - Best Saturday bass

7' Live Fibre Rod - Classic Plastic Spin 2kg

Prize - Best Silver Perch

15lb Ultra Braid Mustad Dynamite plus 2 Wilson's Coffee Mugs plus Wilson's Stubbie Cooler

Prize - Best Golden Perch

15lb Ultra Braid Mustad Dynamite plus 2 Wilson's Coffee Mugs plus Wilson's Stubbie Cooler

Prize - Best Saratoga

2 Wilson's Coffee Mugs plus Wilson's Stubbie Cooler

Prize - Best Mary River Cod

Prize - Best eel-tailed catfish

Prize - Best banded Grunter

Any prize category not claimed will be awarded to the next longest combined bass measurement for Sat/Sun.

Cheers

Angus

Dear Members,

Due to some late cancellations i have had to reshuffle just slightly the distribution in boats and canoes.

Please see revised list on front page.

I really hope this is ok with everyone. I dont think its effects to many really.

Angus

Wow awesome prize pool!

Big thanks to Steve and Wilson!

I picked up a wire cage thingy from Big W today, cost $10 - should do the job. Got a net one for 4$ but it looks like it might damage the fish a bit, it can stay home.

Angus I see you have published the shirt sizes of the ladies you are taking, do you think you will be out of intensive care in time to make it to the comp?:P

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/05/31 18:48

Feral wrote:

Wow awesome prize pool!

Big thanks to Steve and Wilson!

I picked up a wire cage thingy from Big W today, cost $10 - should do the job. Got a net one for 4$ but it looks like it might damage the fish a bit, it can stay home.

Angus I see you have published the shirt sizes of the ladies you are taking, do you think you will be out of intensive care in time to make it to the comp?:P<br /><br />Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/05/31 18:48

Feral good thing not to many of them frequesnt this post :P

Nelson, Terry is mate. Bringing his Kayak that is.

Angus

Merv: Early afternoonish on Sunday.

Everyone: With a whole day to catch a bass, im sure most people should get one over the 40cm mark. Ill be letting anything under that go right away anyway.

I can see myself trying to bag anything in the last 30 minutes or something though :P

Angus

Well Guys and Gals

Good luck, stay safe, have fun and may you all catch heaps. I am a bit jealous :blush: that I am not a part of the big gig but work has to take priority as I am sure you understand. ;)

I hope to do a day trip and see you at least one of the days, if not Good Luck again.:)

Brian D:)

jeff f wrote:

dont tempt me......cant fill the car with tackle must remember to leave room for novrain

Come on Jeff, you drive a real falcon dont ya?

When the boot is wedged open with all the gear, he can sit in the little alcove between the boot lid and the rear window, wont dent that old girl!

G vibes on the way Feral, had my missus hide them for the last few weeks so I didn't use them:laugh:

Brian, whats this work takes priority? definitely something wrong with you mate very out of character:laugh: I only go to work so I can fund my fishing trips;)

Ray and Graham will be the ones to beat. They got more than 50% of the catch last trip, something like 38, next best was about 12 from memory.

Tackleback Ray? Obviously your deckie needs to go to a training session or two with Jordan!

OK I spoke wih some of the guys this arvo and the bass are \"going ape\" says Angus. Ray says he caught about 60, Aaron stopped counting at 35 and Tanya caught at least 15.

I don't think Feral caught any cause he didn't respond to my message.:P

I would say they are having a fun time wouldn't you?:)

Hocko and I will be leaving Beenleigh tomorrow at about 6.am and I have room in the boat for 1 other so if anyone wants to tag along just message me or something.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/06/02 17:07

Archived