What I've bought...

Do$tylz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daiwa Iprimi Presso.

Needed a third bream reel. Didnt want to spend heaps as I already have the Certate and Stella but wanted a dedicated reel to always be rigged for the surface. Chose the Presso basically becuase its a great middle range reel and has a little bit of coolness value to me being a not so common reel out there on the market.

post-63-14459862814_thumb.jpg

Daiwa Iprimi Presso.

Needed a third bream reel. Didnt want to spend heaps as I already have the Certate and Stella but wanted a dedicated reel to always be rigged for the surface. Chose the Presso basically becuase its a great middle range reel and has a little bit of coolness value to me being a not so common reel out there on the market.

[attachment=35058]presso.jpg[/attachment]

Nice reel Angus what do these cost @ where did you get this from ?

Daiwa Iprimi Presso.

Nice, very nice.

Cork DCS knob makes it.

3rd bream reel!!!!..........i am not sure if i should ask but how many rods and reels do you own?

Daiwa Iprimi Presso.

3 is very undergunned on the bream tournament scene hahaha.

But in all seriousness, and the wankiness aside. 3 is a good number. There are quite a few people fishing the comps with up to 5 rods rigged.

I am only really there for a bit of fun so three works well.

Set up 1: Reel spooled with 3lb fluro straight through for fishing hard bodies.

Set up 2: Reel spooled with light braid (4lb) and versitile leaders for plastics.

Set up 3: Reel spooled with slightly heavier braid (6lb) and mono leader (floats) for poppers and walkers.

Sounds excessive until you do it. When a tight time limit exists and every cast can mean an extra 20 grams possibly in the live well, stuffing around re rigging one rod and reel is just not good.

Angus

3 is very undergunned on the bream tournament scene hahaha.

But in all seriousness, and the wankiness aside. 3 is a good number. There are quite a few people fishing the comps with up to 5 rods rigged.

I am only really there for a bit of fun so three works well.

Set up 1: Reel spooled with 3lb fluro straight through for fishing hard bodies.

Set up 2: Reel spooled with light braid (4lb) and versitile leaders for plastics.

Set up 3: Reel spooled with slightly heavier braid (6lb) and mono leader (floats) for poppers and walkers.

Sounds excessive until you do it. When a tight time limit exists and every cast can mean an extra 20 grams possibly in the plive well, stuffing around re rigging one rod and reel is just not good.

Angus

Totally understand where you're coming from. The 203 for 3" plastics is needed coz the dropshot for heavier plastics is just too, well... Heavy... :unsure:

Daiwa Iprimi Presso.

Oooh I do like these things, that's a beautiful little reel you've got there Angus. Love the coolness factor of not seeing too many of them getting around.

• 2 weeks later...

For the longer trips on the Boat, bit safer for refuelling as my filler is on the outside of the boat.

post-7571-144598631492_thumb.jpg

FUE6534 Scepter, 53 Litre DuraMax (Red)

Size: 34†(863mm) x 16.5†(419mm) x 12.75†323mm

DuraMax is a large, portable fuel container on wheels

Designed for industrial, commercial, and recreational applications

Resistant to corrosion and denting.

Sturdy 6†wheels and extra-deep handle make it easy to deliver fuel

Petrol pump handle allows you to eliminate spillage by stopping and restarting the flow

Stand vertically or lay horizontally when refuelling

Flow rate of 7.5 litres per minute in siphon mode

That's a ripper Davey. Never seen them before. Good idea.

Do you know if they come in different sizes ?

Trivia

One servo I went to told me they weren't allowed to sell more than

20 litres pumped into a container :blink: but it's easy enough to go to other servos.

For the longer trips on the Boat, bit safer for refuelling as my filler is on the outside of the boat.

[attachment=35399]fue6534.jpg[/attachment]

FUE6534 Scepter, 53 Litre DuraMax (Red)

Size: 34†(863mm) x 16.5†(419mm) x 12.75†323mm

DuraMax is a large, portable fuel container on wheels

Designed for industrial, commercial, and recreational applications

Resistant to corrosion and denting.

Sturdy 6†wheels and extra-deep handle make it easy to deliver fuel

Petrol pump handle allows you to eliminate spillage by stopping and restarting the flow

Stand vertically or lay horizontally when refuelling

Flow rate of 7.5 litres per minute in siphon mode

Could you advise where these can be purchased and an approximate cost? I think this is what I need. Always been a bit worried about those longer trips.

Decided to stock up on braid & leader for the new reels and also preping up some gear for bigger fish !!

Line Systems Frog PE Braid:

30lb - 300 Metres

20lb - 300 Metres

4lb - 150 Metres

10lb - 150 Meteres

6lb, 10lb, 12lb, 16lb Shock Leader

2 x River 2 Sea bubble pops

post-8859-144598631495_thumb.jpg

I surfed the net for ages and found them on Sceptre fuel cans, they are priced a different places from $300 to over $400 for the same item. I then checked ebay and they are the same for $190 plus delivery total $210:00. :dry: havent seen anything about not being allowed to refill them as they are the same as a Jerry can. There is also a collapsble jerry can for sale 20 litres and they are $99:00 look good and fold to nothing may look at a couple of them later. All the specs for these are on the site.

/>http://stores.ebay.com.au/Jerry-can-man

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140503881358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

dave

So I got a new rod at a great deal to fit between my 1-3kg bream stick and my 5-8kg whatever-else stick.

I tried using the spare spool on my 3000 with some lighter line but the spool diameter was too big for the guides and was knotting all over the shop so I thought I'd get a 2500... :P

post-4593-144598632752_thumb.jpg

post-4593-144598632757_thumb.jpg

Pretty stoked on how all the blue blends together.

I picked up 1/2 dzn of these Bushy's Stiffy Top Dog lures in assorted colours.

Have any of you blokes used em? and are they any good?

You know where i live Bill, how bot you drop 1 off and i will let ya know :)

Cheers

Darren

I picked up 1/2 dzn of these Bushy's Stiffy Top Dog lures in assorted colours.

Have any of you blokes used em? and are they any good?

You know where i live Bill, how bot you drop 1 off and i will let ya know :)

Cheers

Darren

because its not like u dont have enough lures already :whistle: :silly:

Nordic Stage Gunslinger matched with Stradic CI4 1000 - 4lb Daiwa TD Sensor Line

Nordic Stage Jaeger matched with Daiwa Certate Hi Gear Custom 2004 - 6lb Frog PE Line

Nordic Stage Sharpshooter matched with Daiwa Steez 2500 - Rockfish PE 8lb line

And assorted lne & leader for some other gear !!!

So far the Jaeger has proved the goods with some awesome fish & mojo !!!!

post-8859-144598633606_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598633617_thumb.jpg

Archived