Offshore fishing.

Confused

Hey boys and girls, Well some of you guys would be right into fishing the deeper waters off moreton ect. However the last few weeks heve produced some of the best conditions for offshore fishing i have seen in quite a while, while this is bliss for say deep tempest @ 80+m , i'm getting a little excited in venturing out a little further say 150m+ . With conditions as good as they were the other few weeks ago we could of skied at about 80klm/h around about 15-20 k's offshore which is rare to say the least, and if this continues i would like to hear any feedback from people who may of gone furture and just what is out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Master sardines...can't give you any advice except that when you go that far out you need someone with you for safety reasons and also to bait your hooks....I guess I would come if I really had to...would hate to see you get into any trouble by yourself:P ;) :whistle:

• 1 month later...

I`m heading to Townsville for 2 weeks on Wednesday too fish, spearfish and bring my boat back. I`ll be chasing all sorts of reefys and palaegics inc. juvenile blacks. It`s new to me to hear about fishing such depths as you guys are speaking of. Back home my favourite secret spots are anywhere between 30 and 120 feet of water at the most. I catch some biggons too. I`m quite impressed with the quality of fish that you catch, Mackmauler. Can you tell me what depths I will need to get used to fishing in? Would you be good for a convoy fishing trip one day in the near future? I need someone knowledgable to show me around the ropes.

Archived