AFO Swap Meet 12th September

Angus

Ok guys. Dont know what happened to the original thread.

What: AFO Swap Meet.

Where: Colmslie Rec Reserve (Behind the Hockey Fields).

When: 12th September @ 5:00am until 9:00am.

Plan: BYO BBQ Breakfast, dealing and trading followed by possible fishing.

You can also RSVP for this event here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/36-AFO+Swap+Meet

Should be a lot of fun.

Please feel free to post list of what you are bringing here.

I am bringing some reels, rods, lures among other things.

My mate Hamish is bringing over a thousand Rapala and Yozuri lures that are still in the box and we be selling at half price.

Cheers.

Angus

will try and make this since i didn't have the gear for the bream social this weekend and have been banned from buying things until after our hoilday next month. wouldn't feel right borrowing/losing other people gear without having any lures to offer them to lose in return.

don't really have anything to swap, but am looking forward to meeting some other members and having some breaky and a fish.

Courtesy of Do$tylz Inc I will also have some AFO stickers available at this event!

A couple of really cool designs actually for cars and boats and for the first time ones that really suit a kayak.

These will be on offer to those at the Swap Meet first and whatever is left will be put up in the forum for sale afterwards.

Cheers! Do$tylz Inc for your ongoing support :P

Angus

Hi Everyone,

My name is Hamish but just call me HAMO..

Will be coming down to the swap meet this sunday with over 1000 rapala lures in tow.

Have everything from rattlin fat raps to mag 26's, some husky jerks, countdowns and plenty of mag 9,11 and 14.

Would be good to meet you all and even though I am a lazy / terrible / nearly non existent fisherman would be good to hear your stories and pick up some tips for when my mate finally takes me out on his boat..

Have a good week and see you sunday nice and early!

Hamo

hamo1982 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Hamish but just call me HAMO..

Will be coming down to the swap meet this sunday with over 1000 rapala lures in tow.

Have everything from rattlin fat raps to mag 26's, some husky jerks, countdowns and plenty of mag 9,11 and 14.

Would be good to meet you all and even though I am a lazy / terrible / nearly non existent fisherman would be good to hear your stories and pick up some tips for when my mate finally takes me out on his boat..

Have a good week and see you sunday nice and early!

Hamo

Cheers Hamo and see you there!

Is Corrie coming?

Angus

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Ok so I will be attending on sunday. I will have rods and reels and some lures.

As for the KFT prefish I have booked a place for the weekend up there so I will be doing it the day before the event.

What are peoples plans for after, fishing wise?

I don't really want to take the yak out but keen to take the boat.

I have limited time, but would love to at least flick some plastics for some flatties at some point. But I hate burdening someone with a deckie that cant stay out to long if you know what I mean. Johnny may also need a deckie spot...

Taib: Thanks for the map that might help a few people actually.

Angus

well if i can make it down i have a few sinkers about 130 odd size 5, about the same for size 4 and a few size 0 and 1, only a few jig heads as i need more hooks 20 of the 3/8, 1/2 and 1/4 all though the hooks not the right size for 1/4 in the mould the hook sits on a slight angle up, they are still in need of trim in the pics.

this is all the stock i have available at the moment as i had to supply my self for a year :P :laugh: :laugh: and a few of my mates with a good supply ;)

just til i can get a good supply of lead.

:) will have cheap prices for the jig heads as the hooks are trials but feel sturdy. they are all 3/0 . 105_1901_800x600.jpg

post-4300-144598532325_thumb.jpg

i have a variety of about 15/20 old rods from 4lb to 50lb egg beaters to leaver drags most are very old quite crumby condition coverd in dust and crap havent been used for yrs and most would fish immediately so if pretty isnt your thing i can probably help i have a couple of nearnew rods to like a light trion baitcaster

i also have a couple of fuel tanks one a large stainless nose tank one a not as large rear plastic tank an old stainless landrover tank used in my boat

ill keep looking and see what i can find

also have towbike for kids in fair condition needs new handle grips it is red black and silver in colour and works a treat , clips on to seat of adult bike and they can choose to pedal or not ....

6MP digital cam w/proof 10 metres. Used once. Only has 4xDig zoom so inadequate for original purpose. Gone already :woohoo:

12 foot Wilson 2pce surf rod

Rack and roll roof bar (for yaks) suitable for use with Rhino Heavy Duty racks. Instructions and demo available on rackandroll.net.au website

Trailer winch

various other stuff including charts etc.

None of it is mine though. Some of it I have had from Rob and Richard for ages. It was originally for auctioning off for one of the charity appeals on AFO but I didn't get around to doing the photography. So now it can be added to the Legacy appeal.

It sits behind my boat in the garage and I curse having to shift it every time I head out so I'll be glad to see the back of it :laugh:

wesfish wrote:

well if i can make it down i have a few sinkers about 130 odd size 5, about the same for size 4 and a few size 0 and 1, only a few jig heads as i need more hooks 20 of the 3/8, 1/2 and 1/4 all though the hooks not the right size for 1/4 in the mould the hook sits on a slight angle up, they are still in need of trim in the pics.

this is all the stock i have available at the moment as i had to supply my self for a year :P :laugh: :laugh: and a few of my mates with a good supply ;)

just til i can get a good supply of lead.

:) will have cheap prices for the jig heads as the hooks are trials but feel sturdy. they are all 3/0 . 105_1901_800x600.jpg

I can help you out with the lead Wes if needed!

Just got a call from Jeff F who got down there Saturday morning! Now thats keen :P

Finished sorting through my lures last night and have made a packed tray of stuff ill be offloading at give away prices tomorrow. Its one of those things I can usually bring myself to do as there is some good quality brand name stuff here. However we are in the process of moving and my mind is quite conditioned to "if im not using it get rid of it".

Oh well.

I kept 9 in 10 :)

Angus

Eug wrote:

That's very keen Jeff...

See you blokes tomorrow, bring those barra lures out I could do with an extra one or two.

Just an extra one or two? :P

I am assuming that most of you guys will "set-up" shop by 6am? I want to optimize my shopping and meeting some of the AFO members but the wife insisted that I be home in time for breaky with her and my baby girl :blush:

Archived