AFO upgrade

AFO

As you will discover, AFO has undergone some upgrades and maintenance overnight. This has been a large upgrade of code which when all the dust settles in a few days will give more features and enhancements to the AFO site and forum for both the members and also the admin staff.

We will do an article with all the details in a few days, but in the meantime, a few of the new features are the possibility to add more than one image into a forum post.

There are still quite a few styling and layout issues that need to be addressed and we will be working over the next few days to fix these, so please bear with us whilst we undertake this work and then in a few days once it is abit more refined we will call for issues and problems from members.

i'm a grumpy old grandpa ,i don't like change .

but so far so good ,seams to run nice and quick .

i like the bigger profile pictures ,saves me having to go to the persons profile to see the pic .

i did like having the latest post up the top of the home page ,i see it now Activity,which i think was right down the bottom .saves me having to scroll down to the bottom of the page i guess .

its not so bad not having latest posts on the top of the home page ,will get used to it .

i just sit on the forum page / latest discussions and refresh every not and then ,all good .

the drop down menus respond quicker and are not laggy ,nice.

ah i see .

u can use :replied to the topic , in the :community Activity ,to follow the latest posts .

nice :)

I think the to menu drop down drop down too quick, and they are way too big.

A good job though, it would be no easy task to code AND format a forum.

I am getting this.

Quite annoying that an attachment no longer appears as an image.

cheers

you still can have an attachment as an image, you just need to insert the attachment into the post. So it actually can now do both, if you just want to put a file or image as an attachment to a post you can, or you can also insert them so that they display within the post.

As mentioned we still have a fair bit more to do and you will notice the styling and layout be continually refined. Please bear with us over the next few days as we continue to work on this.

We are also working on getting our site performing alot better in speed, as we know that it has been a nagging issue we are keen to conquer.

I'm a big fan of the latest discussions going back further. In the past it was only 3 or so pages so I often missed a few posts if away for a week or two. Cheers Webby

Jono

You can choose the period of time to see latest posts

See image below:

post-64-144598536484_thumb.jpg

Archived