Todays RDO

Keen-as-fisho

So with my bday being tomorrow I took an rdo today and hit the river mouth with Khoi. We arrived just before sun up about 415 (didn't get off the water till 2pm), launched, and as I said it would be a good day the boat filled up, dickhead forgot the bungs :pinch: :blush: After that debacle we set off. On the way more problems with water in the fuel. It took about 2 and a half hours and three different location before the first fish was boated by Khoi, a cod at about 25cm.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

We persisted on and many casts later the squire arrived, we only caught three but they were all legal.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

correct technique for measuring

IMG_0409.jpg

and....................................................................:whistle:

IMG_0410.jpg

The squire shut down so we headed out to the end of the extension. Not allot was happening so we shot over to mud island for a look. Turns out there is some very nice terrain over there, its just a shame it was low tide. My plan is to return when there is a high tide at around 6 or 7 in the morning and do some poppen. While there between us we had about 6 speedy runs, but could not convert any of them, one of which snapped the treble on khois crack jack. I did see a small barracuda follow my atomic at one stage though.

Once the winds picked up we headed back to one of my bream spots near fishos ramp and hit the mangroves casting pontoons, atomics, strike pro pygmies and bubble pops hard up into the mangroves and were resulted with a selection of, trees, mangrove shots, fallen trees and some bream.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Thanks Khoi for your company today. Tomorrow arvo will be spent trying to solve the out board issues, it doesn't want to start, and when it does kick over it dies after about 30 seconds on full choke, if I drop choke it dies straight away. Tomorrow I'll get some new plugs and give the carby another flush and see how it goes.

Khoi - That looks like a huge lump of lead in the cod pic. Did you need to fish that heavy due to tides and current?

That spot is about 10m deep and the water rips through there pretty quick. Needs a fair lump of lead to keep the plastic in tight to the rocks on the way down

Thanks for the writeup denny, ill put up my pics tommorow too tired atm. Yeah I felt that I needed that much to get down, was only 1/4 but on a squidgy ball jighead looks weird :s

Damn cleanest brissy river I've seen in my life, was

amazing.. Fishing was a bit slow, not really a catching day as you put it man.

More importantly happy bday for 2moro!

Hey KAF, just read your post about the motor issue. I had exactly the same symptoms with an 8hp Mariner a couple of years ago. Would only start with the choke on, then run for 30seconds, then it would flood and stall and not start for a while. Then repeat the same over again. Without the choke, it wouldn't run at all.

Mine turned out to be a cracked float in the carby upsetting the fuel level in the bowl. Pulled that carby apart about 6 times before I realised there was fuel inside the float. New float cost about $10 and it was fixed.

Yours might be something else, but it sounded too similar to ignore.

Good luck.

Archived