Biggest fish on bream gear??

Shimanobwoie

don't really own bream gear, but got a 105 or so treddy on my old battler kingbolt, 4-10lb rod

i miss that stick :( been using a 6-12lb tailwalk baitcaster since, more or less behaves like a bream stick, very fun matched with a little baitcaster

u can have a proper crack at my steez kingbolt next time mate, a much better stick than the battler

well that depends on what you call Bream Gear.

Ellicat fishes with 50lb and catches bream.

I rarely use anything under 10lb as it's too tough to see it to tie knots :blush: I never target bream and have never caught one on the 50lb rig, but I have managed to troll up two grinners on it with a Crazy Deep :laugh:

Shimanobwoie, I think you're main problem would be line capacity if you're fishing deep. I'm sure you'd be wasting a lot of petrol chasing any decent kingies or AJ's on real 4lb though. You may have a chance if the back gets sharked :whistle: :laugh:

don't really own bream gear, but got a 105 or so treddy on my old battler kingbolt, 4-10lb rod

i miss that stick :( been using a 6-12lb tailwalk baitcaster since, more or less behaves like a bream stick, very fun matched with a little baitcaster

u can have a proper crack at my steez kingbolt next time mate, a much better stick than the battler

big call old mate, i had a very special relationship with that battler :lol:

The reason I asked the the 4 lb Fireline question was because you can push 4 kg of drag on it hardly bream gear IMO.

Use 4 lb Fireline a fair bit myself.

4lb Fireline leader to suit.

Snapper 82 cm

Jew 1.12 m

Thready 1.07 FL

Longtail 1.18 m

Bream gear Loomis 8200s/Airity 2000, 3lb Crystal, 8lb Harris, bite trace to suit

Milk Fish 1.25 m+

Giant Herring 1.15

Mac Tuna 8.1 kg

Longtail 8.7 kg

Shimanobwoie, I think you're main problem would be line capacity if you're fishing deep. I'm sure you'd be wasting a lot of petrol chasing any decent kingies or AJ's on real 4lb though. You may have a chance if the back gets sharked :whistle: :laugh

Yer i've been thinking the same thing about the line capacity. I work on a charter boat so its not to much of a hassle about fuel. When we get a few kings ive noticed in the 30mtr range that they've been coming up to the boat when we have multiple hook ups. The only problem is that i dont want to interupt the customers ans make sure they have a good day out on the water is more important then me catching fish but in saying that by the end of the day they start to get alil tired then we return back to the shallows and might be able to get a crack there.

Archived