Back to the old haunts and a PB Yella

ryanyoung

G'day all,

Having just got back from a work trip to NSW, I gave Jimmy a call and we headed out to a local haunt for a crack at the yellas.

This was the result, using a variety of lures from hb's to sb's to sp's, as well as the odd surface lure.

post-5695-144598551046_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598551054_thumb.jpg

The above yella came in at about 56cm, and was caught on a halco ultra deep in a shrimp red throat colour), can't remember exactly what they are called. The lure was worked in a slow constant retrieve.

The next one is Jimmy's yella, for the life of me, I can't remember what he caught this on, decent size though, and gave him a run for his money on the uber-light gear that he runs with.

post-5695-14459855106_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598551066_thumb.jpg

The final fish of the afternoon was caught on a 3" damiki DGrub in motor oil colour and a 1/16 jighead. The retrieve was a slow, stop start retrieve, with large pauses over known holes in order for the grub to sink deep into the holes.

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Ryan.

some very good yella's boy's they go pretty hard in the running water.Did you keep them

Yep, they were released to fight another day Dassa.

S4T4N - Mate, I don't know of any spots for yellas south of the river. You would probably need to travel south and west a bit, although there are bound to be others on this site who can give you firmer directions to some yella holding fresh on the southsidish.

Cheers,

Ryan.

welcome back Ryan - they are some dam nice and fat yellas. Would love to hit it up with you again sometime. give me a call if you are short of a person.

G'day Ted. They are fighting hard too, as the water warms up, as opposed to a sluggish fight in recent months. I will definitely give you a buzz when I am heading out that way next.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived