what the hell is a grinner

kriso

Take a look at the following for details mate:

/>http://www.amonline.net.au/FISHES/fishfacts/fish/sgracilis.htm

Grinner is almost emdemic to the passage at bribie, as well as a lot of other places around moreton. It has an unmistakable 'grin' and one hell of a set of choppers.

Nice fine scales which make it great for trolling. excellent as a flesh bait also.

hope this helps.

cheers

grinners are a delicacy in india and is sold as\"bombay duck\"....but il stick to butter chicken;)

they are supposed to be rarely found in estuaries..but i reckon they are everywhere as i have got em pretty far up ningi creek...annoying buggas..love to tear soft plastics up ya [img size=336]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/f-e5eca1012f25b396e4ead060ed6ad418.JPG

post-180-144598415112_thumb.jpg

rayke1938 wrote:

Excellent as flesh bait,schnapper love it. Too boney to eat may be ok if minced . I just couldnt be bothered.

They have only become prevalent on the bay over the last 5 years before then I hadnt seen one.

Ray

They say that Snapper used to keep the Grinner stocks down but overfishing of Snapper has lead to a major increase in Grinner Numbers

we get a lot of them on the reefs up this way (maryborough) and are good bait but it is very anoying when they keep taking your trolled lures. they will attack a lure nearly there size and the first u know of it is when you see it splashing on the surface out the back

chooka

• 14 years later...
On 13/07/2021 at 5:44 PM, Old Scaley said:

Glad to hear you threw it back, considering how endangered they are.😂  Did you get a pm from @kmcrosby78 yet, asking for the GPS coordinates?

I didn’t realise you were happy for me to share all the secret grinner spots you gave me Steve ..... 🤔😂

Edited by kmcrosby78
spelling ...