Bris River Mouth 21/05/07

polyphonic

Well Plastic Man took me up on the offer of being a deckie today. So the Plastic Man came for a ride in the plastic boat and used plastics for fishing.:P

The day started at about 5am at the boat ramp before heading off in the dark. There was a couple of idiots at the ramp who couldnt get their boat off the trailer.:angry: They did not realise that if they had of backed straight down the ramp they would have got most of the trailer in the water, problem was there trailer was on such an angle that the back of the car was almost in the water but the boat was still high and dry on the trailer.:laugh:

So we set off and had know idea where we were going as we could not see a thing. We found a little spot to anchor while we waited for the sun to come up. Sat there for about 20 min with no luck.

By now the sun had come up and we headed to Andrews first spot. First cast at the new spot and I got my first squire on a plastic only 25cm. Next cast and I was on again but lost him, next cast and another solid hit but no hook up. Andrew got some little squire as well as a bream and tailor.

Headed round the front of the rock wall and picked up some more small squire and bream. I was fishing away on the front deck when I herd a small splash followed by a massive splash. I turned around to see Andrew diving in after his rod. So you can see from the pics I was nice enough to loan him my jersy.

Tryed a few more spots and ended back where we started with a few more bream tailor and squire. Was really happy with the outcome as today I learnt heaps from Andrew about plastics and got a heap of firsts on plastics.

I got first squire on plastic

I got first bream on plastic

I got first tailor on plastic

I got first pike on plastic

Thanks to Andrew for the spots and the entertainment.

1st squire on a plastic

[img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fish_001_AFO.jpg

post-458-144598415586_thumb.jpg

How do you keep getting so many fish on plastics, in the river?:lol:

Just 1 thing, that is a Flounder not a Sole. Flounder have a proper, distinguishable tail where as Sole do not.

Out in the bay, around the islands, we get heaps of those Wrasse, we hate them. They're always so hard to get off the hook.

poly as feral hinted at the easiest way to distinguish flatties is from looking at the pattern on their tail. Duskies have small black blotches and one noticeably larger spot against the edge in the upper half of their tail fin. Northern Duskies do at least:)

top stuff on retrieveing your rod!!! sounds like a good morn, except for the unwanted swimB)

Awesome guys.

Its sweet to learn new techniques and to meet new people. Karma to you both (when i can) for getting into the spirit of the site.

The first fish id say is a tusk fish.

Second id wager a hefty price is a dusky. The bar tails not only have different tail marking but their (blotches) are distinctively different. Ill try and find the picture from cooks rocks of a good bar tail. Anyway almost certain its a dusky.

Angus

Oh PS, nice one Jamie on all the firsts!

I have noticed a lot of calls for a deckie lately go unnoticed or unanswered anyway.

Maybe this (as previous posts should have) jog some more people into being adventurous :P

And for the boat owners, remember the deckie might be the one to teach some tricks!

Angus

Angus wrote:

I have noticed a lot of calls for a deckie lately go unnoticed or unanswered anyway.

Maybe this (as previous posts should have) jog some more people into being adventurous :P

And for the boat owners, remember the deckie might be the one to teach some tricks!

Angus

Yep worked for us.

I learnt a bit about plastics and Andrew showed me some nice spots around the river and Andrew learnt how to rig pillies and got his first fish on one.

Evan if you learnt the smallest thing its still worth it.

Archived