Port of Brisbane fishing

rustyhook

Hi all,

Joe here.

I am heading to POB later for an afternoon/night session on my mates boat. Wondering if anyone could give me a few hot spots around that we could check out?

Probably heading straight to Boggy creek to net some live bait for the night and from there I have no idea.

This'll be my first trip out, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Joe

Hey all,

I surely did burley up, just with some old tuna fillets. I also hooked up on a few bream on mullet fillets but released all.

Had a few massive strikes with live mullet caught from Boggy creek (had to fight the bullsharks for them...) I finally landed the below 106cm Jew?

post-8749-1445986133_thumb.jpg

Bonus catch for the night was the muddy we caught on the rod.

All-in-all we had a successful first trip around the port.

Cheers for all the advice.

Joe

• 10 years later...
23 hours ago, SteveGS said:

Hey everyone,

I’m hoping to take the family for a fish on the Brisbane River. Is there any land based spots you’d recommend?

G’day @SteveGS

Welcome to the forum.

If you are located around the Northside, three alright landbased spots are the jetty at Bulimba, the UQ rockwall, and Newstead House.

Three decent spots if you are on Southside are Colmslie Recreation Reserve (great for young kids especially), Dutton Park Recreation Hub, and all the rock walls around Mowbray Park (good for bream/cod).

Live bait, such as prawns or mullet will maximise your chances at something OK, but if that fails, servo mullet or prawns give you an alright chance at a small bully, bream, or catfish.

Tell us how ya go!

Cheers Hamish