Austackle Open Warehouse Sale & BBQ - 7th May

Angus

i wont be making it to this anymore. just got home from a fishing sesh with madmullet.

need to get some sleep now

Same as me Mate lol...Im taking the wife out in the Coomera River for a fish today :)

Now that im busy , your going to coomera hahah.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wont be making it to this anymore. just got home from a fishing sesh with madmullet.

need to get some sleep now

Same as me Mate lol...Im taking the wife out in the Coomera River for a fish today :)

Now that im busy , your going to coomera hahah.

Sign in on NSM chat to you on there, i have a few ideas ive been thinking about ;)

wasn't going to go to this as i thought i had to work .

so i get up at 5 am get ready and go to the site ,well i read the dates wrong and didn't need to work .so after my morning drive for no reason a came home has a few coffee's and catched up on reading facebook and afo .

so i thought WTH I'll ring and see if there is reels left as i was interested in the reels with Dual Drag Baitfeeder System,as i did have a cpl of these but they died and i really liked using them .

so it was a yes so i head down bought 2 reels, a rod ,braid and lures ,mrs will probably yell at me for spending 165$.

but how could i not ,with the deals to be had .

Good to see everyone there this morning.

Great chance for me to catch up with some well known faces and meet some totally new ones while doing the BBQ. Well done AFO on such a good turn out and well done to Austackle for opening the doors! Dont think many walked away without a few good bargains.

Angus

Cheers to all. The cooks, cleaners, food suppliers, the gasbaggers, the sponsors, car park attendants, the list goes on. :kiss:

Sorry I didn't dress up for this one :silly:

I thought the drive thru window was a nice innovation to the AFO meets. Need to work on the attendants though :P

Thanks to AFO for the opportunity for all of it.

Yeah cheers to all involved for organisIng and working today, particularly angus for the BBQ! Was nice to meet a few of the suspects from the site, definitely need to start getting involved in more afo events - you would have thought that after more than 4 an a half years I would have met more than a handful of them!!

Yep, thanks to Angus for the BBQ and Mike and the Austackle crew for looking after us. I spent more than I planned but should keep me going for a fair while ..... Amazingly the wife didn't investigate my two bags of gear - although $65 of it is for her!!!

Great to meet some more faces (Ray, Manni, Jords, Ant and others) and catch up with a few of the Wavebreak and Oz Clean Up crew.

Poor form by Brian not dressing up I reckon - dampener on the weekend .......

Another thanks to all who made it possible this morning, great to meet a few fellow afo members, really happy with the camo stick I purchased felt really nice to use, shame I could only get one run on it today though hopefully the bass will play nice tomorrow.

Thanks heaps for the bargain gear austackle and great to meet some AFOers. Time to blood this s***!!

Agreed mate! Did you end up getting the other 2 piece fireblade? How good do they feel!?

Yes I did, and they feel absolutely sweet. I reckon we gonna have to report back to Orca to let him know how well they handle with a fish on end. Gonna be fun. Can't remember if I met you in person Jords as there were quite a few names just flying in my face! :lol:

so i get up at 5 am get ready and go to the site ,well i read the dates wrong and didn't need to work .so after my morning drive for no reason a came home has a few coffee's and catched up on reading facebook and afo .

so i thought WTH I'll ring and see if there is reels left as i was interested in the reels with Dual Drag Baitfeeder System,as i did have a cpl of these but they died and i really liked using them .

so it was a yes so i head down bought 2 reels, a rod ,braid and lures ,mrs will probably yell at me for spending 165$.

What reels did you get? I've been wanting to get a Shimano baitrunner but money is a bit tight at moment,

I might be able to get something like you picked up and eat as well :S

Thanks heaps for the bargain gear austackle and great to meet some AFOers. Time to blood this s***!!

Agreed mate! Did you end up getting the other 2 piece fireblade? How good do they feel!?

Yes I did, and they feel absolutely sweet. I reckon we gonna have to report back to Orca to let him know how well they handle with a fish on end. Gonna be fun. Can't remember if I met you in person Jords as there were quite a few names just flying in my face! :lol:

Yeah definitely, except it looks like I won't be able to get out for a fish until maybe thursday, and if not probably the thursday after :(

Nah mate didn't meet you, I saw you walk in as I was driving out.

Also picked up one of the 2000 size finesse reels which I am going to put on it, for now. Also picked up a spool of braid and 10 lures, should keep me busy for a qhile :cheer:

i thought it was funny as brad was drivin out , his name ws called for the lucky prize..... :lol:

Did you stay until the end?

Or does anyone know who ended up forking out the most dosh?

What did you end up buying jords :side:

I'll throw up a pic in a sec mate

2 of the vibes, 3 of the chubbies, 2 of teh boneheads, one of the little rattle snake poppers and 2 of the skippy walk the dogs

a spool of braid

A 2-piece fireblade (pre-release)

One of the 2000 finesse reels

One of the nauti-girl $20 combos as a mothers day present for mum hahah

Mike also gave me a 3-piece rod to try as a bait rod on the kayak, with the idea that it is easy to store etc.

Also scored a free cap and stubbie cooler for spending (well) over $100

post-529-144598615772_thumb.jpg

The lot

post-529-144598615783_thumb.jpg

The lures - got the bottom right one in purple as well

post-529-144598615792_thumb.jpg

The action on the little bait rod

sorry they are a bit dodgy, I'm in the middle of doing an assignment that I've left quite late, (as usual!) so just took some on my phone

I'll throw up a pic in a sec mate

2 of the vibes, 3 of the chubbies, 2 of teh boneheads, one of the little rattle snake poppers and 2 of the skippy walk the dogs

a spool of braid

A 2-piece fireblade (pre-release)

One of the 2000 finesse reels

One of the nauti-girl $20 combos as a mothers day present for mum hahah

Mike also gave me a 3-piece rod to try as a bait rod on the kayak, with the idea that it is easy to store etc.

Also scored a free cap and stubbie cooler for spending (well) over $100

hahaha i got my mum a travel rod for mothers day hahaha

i thought it was funny as brad was drivin out , his name ws called for the lucky prize..... :lol:
doh"' :pinch: who got the free shirt

After a recount and a Stewards enquiry, i am pleased to announce that Ted (the crazy man himself) has won the Auistackle shirt. Ted you need to message me with your actual chest size and mobile phone number please.

If anybody else wants to have a play with the litte bait rods (as shown by Jords) just give me a call to arrange a time to come and get one. These are the first prototypes. We are looking at making some Kayak specific rods for next year and these are our first designs. I think we ahve 3 or 4 of them left.

Finally thanks to everybody who came down and supported us yesterday - a small comapny like ours needs to be able to shift old stock in an efficient manner and i think yersterday showed that everybody can be a winner in this respect. Now that there are quite a lot of AFO people with some Austackle gear i am hoping to announce a new comp in the near future. Watch this space.

After a recount and a Stewards enquiry, i am pleased to announce that Ted (the crazy man himself) has won the Auistackle shirt. Ted you need to message me with your actual chest size and mobile phone number please.

You'll have to wait to see what fish he caught last night before his chest size is known (may be bigger or smaller than normal) ;):lol:

You'll have to wait to see what fish he caught last night before his chest size is known (may be bigger or smaller than normal) ;):lol:

or maybe se how much gear he lost this time! lol

haha fair go guys :) Thanks Orca I will use the shirt well. XL will do me mate. 0407 118 915

I had a good night. Jacob made the most of the little Nauti-boy ( apply named) rod I got him. It is an excellent little combo, I was most impressed. If anybody is looking for a quality kids combo you will not go past these. Report coming.

Thanks again Ocra and Co. I had a good morning and have restocked the fishing gear at a good cost. Much appreciated. Also not to forget thanks Angus for the great cooking skills and the snags :P It was great catching up with old faces and new ones.

haha fair go guys :) Thanks Orca I will use the shirt well. XL will do me mate. 0407 118 915

I had a good night. Jacob made the most of the little Nauti-boy ( apply named) rod I got him. It is an excellent little combo, I was most impressed. If anybody is looking for a quality kids combo you will not go past these. Report coming.

Thanks again Ocra and Co. I had a good morning and have restocked the fishing gear at a good cost. Much appreciated. Also not to forget thanks Angus for the great cooking skills and the snags :P It was great catching up with old faces and new ones.

YEah mate I picked up one of the Nauti-girl rods for mum (seems to be essentially the same except covered in frangipanis) for mothers day, decided it was about time I let her try fishing from her kayak, and would rather not have to let her use my gear :silly:

Protest Protest Protest

A protest has been lodged about Ted winning the Austackle shirt. His wife thinks he must have been under the influence of mind altering drugs to spend so much money on fishing tackle. We now have to wait for the blood test results before we can confirm him as the winner.

Watch this space !

What reels did you get? I've been wanting to get a Shimano baitrunner but money is a bit tight at moment,

I might be able to get something like you picked up and eat as well :S

i got the Suteki Aureus BF3500 & 7500,Dual Drag Baitfeeder reels .

i would of got a SUTEKI FINESSE 2000SP that came wit second spool and bag ,but i didn't have any money left .

Yeah mate the little finesse 2000 is a nice little reel for the price, nice and smooth, one deep and one shallow spool, balances nicely on both the camo and fireblade (well the 2-piece I have anyway). Will let you know how it goes when I finally get a chance to blood it! bloody mothers day haha :(

Archived