Sunkun Wall Sat 02/06

Do$tylz

Hey all,

So after a night of red-bull and Wild Turkey ;) :sick: , I got out of bed at 4:15am to meet some mates to christen their new boat for its first fishing trip. The part owner of the boat is the guy you'll find here ont this forum, Freedom.

So anyway, made our way at around 5:30am. And i think we were heading for the top of moreton but it was blowing a bit and the weather wasn't playing ball. Sat for about 20 min above what looked like a mini reef on the sounder. First fish ever landed on the new boat - bloody grinner :evil:

So we took off for the mouth of the Bris River. Sat near the mouth and caught 2 more grinners:evil: .

Went off for a drive to try the sunkun wall. Sat there for about 3 or 4 hours. There we caught another-

grinner

2 bream (1 keeper)

2 sole

3 below legal sandies (or just may have been the same one 3 times)

2 42cm Tailor :cheer: , 15cm tailor

Also for about half an hour we got to see and feed those dolphins as mentioned in another thread. The mother looks in better condition than described in earlier/other threads. Probably the coolest thing that i have done in a long time was feeding those things. Super friendly, and allowed us to touch them.

All in all great day, apart from the weather. Nice boat Freedom. Hope to see some of you guys out on the water sometime.

we played with them on thursday, took my 9 yo son with me on sunday hopeing to see the dolphins again and we did, my son loved it although he didnt get to touch them. i am a little worried though, they seem to be relying on the boaties for food, how is this going to affect them?

they also seem to come very close to the prop.:unsure:

Cheers all. Would love to tak the credit for the boat but it actually belongs to Freedom. (who hasnt put any input to this thread because my tailor was bigger than his :P)

But yeah the dolphins are definately gonna become a large attraction soon. What other way can you tie in a memorable date with some fishing involved?

But not to worry, from reading the ausfish forums, it seems that Sea World are keeping a good eye on the 2. Apparently they have been spotted cathing their own feed from time to time as well. I actually took some video as well and the quality is awesome. You can see the calf playing around in the water next to the boat.

Gordo - we were sitting just off the Sunkun Wall just at the mouth of the river.

Loz - did you get a good look at them? Its a calf (3/4 size of the larger one), and the larger one has some chunks taken off her top fin and a couple of abrasions on her back. Suspected prop damage.

Dan23 - if only they stopped for private school girls rowing teams :P

He cheated, caught the tailor on a scabby piece of mullet fillet, Your right i was to embarrassed the first 3 fish on the new boat were grinners:evil: :evil: :evil: but Do$ did get a nice tailor which was a nice catch for such a crappy day

Archived