They're Back! AFO Vinyl Stickers For Sale!

Angus

Dear members,

After many, many requests we have finally found a manufacturer that makes a great quality vinyl sticker at a good price. These stickers are 100% Australian designed and made for those interested. This is a great way to represent support for the AFO community and an easy way to spot affilated members on the water.

For the first batch we will be taking orders starting now!

Closing date for these orders will be Friday the 10th of June at 5:00pm. There will be only a 2 week turn around on the production so they will be ready and delivered 1 month for today!

The stickers will be $20 each. These ones made by the team at Fluid ID are made with high quality cut vinyl that has a 5 year live span under the sun.

The boys at Fluid ID will also be offering in the near future some great deals and offers for any custom decals anyone may want. I was thinking maybe some of the sub groups like the AFO Wanderers or The AFO Militia may want to take them up on this offer. Only the official trademarked AFO stickers will be sold through us directly and commercially, if you want to get any custom decals done for sub groups or any other thing for that matter you can deal direct with Fluid ID. However please note that the AFO fish logo can only be used if explicit licence is given by AFO.

The issue was raised earlier today about people donating money to AFO to help keep the site up and running. The team at AFO would much prefer to see members taking advantage of offers such as this as it both helps AFO stay up and running AND gives the member something in return :)

If you would like to place an order for a sticker or 2 please send the following template filled in to angus@australianfishing.com.au

Name:

Username:

Contact Number:

Quantity:

Postage required: (Y or N)

Postal Address:

Payments can be made directly to this account (if you need it posted please add $2.50).

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

Application:

The Stickers come with a paper overlay:

post-63-144598626802_thumb.jpg

They peel back exposing the stickey side. Peel all the paper back and then press the sticky side to the surface you want the sticker on:

post-63-144598626807_thumb.jpg

Walla. Good quality Vinyl repping. (This photo is taken of my original one which is a: still going strong after 5 years and b: The new ones are actually better quality vinyl and more detailed).

post-63-14459862681_thumb.jpg

Tips:

1. The stickers stick best to a clean surface. I would personally wash anything down with detergent and let it dry. I have seen people disappointed by acting hastily and sticking the stickers to a dusty or otherwise unclean surface. The "stick" of the sticker is taken up sticking the loose molecules and not the surface.

2. I find pressing down on the sticker with the curved surface of a marker pen helps get an even coverage.

Nice one Angus, mate if you ever need a hand in the future sourcing quality and affordable printing companies for whatever reason I know a fair few myself as i used to design touring posters and artwork for bands. From screenprinters for shirts posters flyers etc.

Nice!

Just the one size or will smaller ones be available for those that like a more subtle approach? :P

We have those smaller rounds and smaller rectangular ones still available (will be for sale soon in the online shop) but on a boat or a car they are a bit "too subtle" just being a general bluey blur at any distance short of crashing into them or tail gating :P

Angus

Thanks to those that have already ordered.

I have been asked by two people so will just clarify publically if it helps anyone else...

The sticker order is not dependant on numbers (like the shirts) so this IS happening regardless of numbers. Cheers.

Angus

Hey Angus I noticed in your original post a reference to the donations idea and that the stickers would be a better way of helping the site as we get something in return. Does this mean there will be no option to donate? I think one could argue that simply being a member we are getting something out of the site with the helpful info and ability to attend AFO events, I'm sure members would still like to help out in any way they can. Maybe when the shop is back up and running a simple donate button could be added?

Ant.

f you ever need shirts and or t-shirts i can get them pretty cheap through my work. just need to know brand and style or i can offer anytime to show some catalouges with different styles available.

we have a supplier now supplying us with insect repellent long sleeve fishing shirts, and i can get these at a pretty good price too.

come in stone, light blue and maroon.

2 piece collar

2 pleated pockets with velcro flaps

Pen holder on both pockets

Sunglasses hook centre left chest

Button on outside and tab on inside for roll up sleeve

Locker hook centre back

Back mesh lined air vent

Fabric

100% Cotton Preshrunk Drill 155gsm

100% Poly Mesh Ventilation

post-9337-144598627205_thumb.jpg

Hey Angus I noticed in your original post a reference to the donations idea and that the stickers would be a better way of helping the site as we get something in return. Does this mean there will be no option to donate? I think one could argue that simply being a member we are getting something out of the site with the helpful info and ability to attend AFO events, I'm sure members would still like to help out in any way they can. Maybe when the shop is back up and running a simple donate button could be added?

Ant.

Payments can be made directly to this account (if you need it posted please add $2.50).

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

If you want "just do it" and put "Donation" in the reference/details section. ;)

They look good. Any plans to have it in white so they stand out on a blue boat?

Mate as Ray has also requested different colours ill get back to you ASAP on this. We will work something out yes.

Angus

Cheers Angus. I'll order one for Sally when available.

Mate as Ray has also requested different colours ill get back to you ASAP on this. We will work something out yes.

Angus

Hey mate, we used to have a two tone yellow version.

They looked awesome on blue hulls. Would you be interested?

White just doesnt have the same oomph being all one tone if that makes sense.

I have already emailed Luke from Fluid ID to see if this is possible.

We would probably need a few more keen on this though to make the purchase of vinyl viable if that makes sense though.

On that note please let me know if there is anyone else that might be interested in a Yellow version.

Angus

Angus

Hey mate, we used to have a two tone yellow version.

They looked awesome on blue hulls. Would you be interested?

White just doesnt have the same oomph being all one tone if that makes sense.

I have already emailed Luke from Fluid ID to see if this is possible.

We would probably need a few more keen on this though to make the purchase of vinyl viable if that makes sense though.

On that note please let me know if there is anyone else that might be interested in a Yellow version.

Angus

Yellow would look good but if white does become available I would prefer as it as it will match the name and rego decals on the hull. If not, I'll go the yellow if that's the only other option. Cheers for chasing this up.

Hey Gus

I'm not a massve fan of stickers on the back of the car but will buy one to help the cause.

Will save it it for when i buy a boat or something else

Will pay up tomorrow :)

Work laptop bro... thats what the lid is for :)

Angus.. I'll get one :) need one for my fishing reel hardcase

Hey Gus

I'm not a massve fan of stickers on the back of the car but will buy one to help the cause.

The one with the hand-cuff on it Hollywood? :P

Hey Gus

No worries bro. I just got your email order cheers.

Angus

One week to go guys!

Make sure the orders are in before the due date.

Once I have confirmed numbers the required ammount of vinyl will be ordered and cut. This mean NO LATE ENTRIES CAN BE MADE. There just wont be the materials.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived