Has This Happened Before ??

Lozzel

Well as you know we went to Somerset dam today to catch a Bass, What a joke.

My sounder tells LIES shows heaps of fish but none of them bite,I think its BROKEN..

Arrived at 8.30 am After getting permits, Wind blowing at 20+ S/SW(bloody cold).went across dam heaps of marking fish at 22mts ,tried a drift too windy, tried anchor too windy & chopy.Tried live shrimp,lures, & jigs no good on any.

Moved up towards beam ck, trying to get out of wind,same thing as before.Gave it up at 11.30am and headed home. No fish and most of our shrimp still kicking.Lost about 12 shrimp to small fry.

On the way home decided to go to Kooka to drown the remaining shrimp.Might be lucky and pick up a Bream on incoming tide.Got the usual Catties, 1 good run that might be a Threadie. After a couple of hours I hooked into what I thought was a bigger Cattie, And surprise surprise in comes a bloody BASS, Yes I got my first ever Bass .Not a big one at 36 FL but still my first bass. Now I want more.

Know i would like to know if this has happened before or is it a first. My missus just laughed at how much time & money I spent going up to the dam, when all I had to do was go to KOOKA.

The FISH my first bass.. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0693.JPG

post-742-144598417337_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your first bass and a wild one at that.Ps its closed season for wild bass at the moment as it is their breeding season.

The wild ones are supposed to fight harder than their impundment cousins. I would say it is a wild bread fish as its years since wivenhoe overflowed its spillway. There is a population of bass and yellowbelly on the lower reaches of the freshwater the yellas are escapees but the bass breed there.

Once again

Congratulations.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I read in a post last nite about the closed season, so this little fella is still swiming, somewhere arround kooka.hope he keeps away from the bullies thou. :P

Plast man ; Its been along time since I saw that many fish on a sounder. Just not hungry the SOOKS. :(

Ray , Yea he was a good little fighter. Just thought to start with I had a big cattie. Lots of short runs in him.

Aaron , I havent felt that cold since I went to VIC for a holiday. :laugh:

Going to NP in the morning. Now I've got 1 I'm hooked. Want to get 1 on lure now.

First off congratts on your Bass

But it did remind me of a simular situation :P

2 of my mates down south took 2 weeks off work to hunt Sambar deer they walked around the cold wet mountains stalking their prey for days on end got close but not a shot fired as they headed for home a female sambar ran out of the scrub and straight into the front of their hilux :pinch: lots of damage but they got what they went for :laugh:

Gaz

Archived