pummicestine passage (2 part day)

pcsolutionman

fishing day part 1

the brother and I met a couple of other yakkers from afkk at the donnybrook boat ramp at 5:30AM to hopefully get abit of a fish in before the wind picked up. we paddled to the yabbie banks opposite mission point to pump some bait. while we were pumping we all chucked our rods out with a yabbie on them. I got the only fish while we were pumping a 29cm bream (nice start i thought). after pumping the yabbies all 4 of us headed to a patch of reefey bottom about 500M away. we fished there for awhile only to snag a dozen or so undersized bream. By this stage the wind was starting to pick up. so the brother and I decided to pump a few more yabbies and give our favourite spot down roys ago later that arvo. on the drift back to the ramp i picked up a whiting that wads 30cm.

fishing day part 2

We got to our little spot down roys and were fishing by about 3pm. we managed a 39cm whiting a 26cm whiting and a 29cm bream before dark. I got a 48cm flatty on the top of the tide right on dark and we managed 1 more bream and 4 more whiting. We were home by 7:30 to watch the footy.

The below pics are of the fish we got down roys only

total tally

6 whiting biggest 39cm smallest 26cm

2 bream both 29cm

1 flathead 48cm

we also threw back 2 bream at 27cm and 4 whiting at 25 cm along with the usual pike eels and stingrays

all the fish together [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/p1010627_web.jpg

post-1283-144598417424_thumb.jpg

tru thats pretty good for donnybrook

yeh i have a uncle that lives up there so i take my boat up there and put it in and go for a fish up the glassy and tonysgutter .

yeh by the way did u get ur flatty drifting over the weed banks

pcsolutionman wrote:

...... We were home by 7:30 to watch the footy.

The below pics are of the fish we got down roys only

total tally

6 whiting biggest 39cm smallest 26cm

2 bream both 29cm

1 flathead 48cm

we also threw back 2 bream at 27cm and 4 whiting at 25 cm along with the usual pike eels and stingrays

all the fish together [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/p1010627_web.jpg

Bet you wished you'd kept fishing rather than seeing that;)

Nice bread 'n butter bag. The photo seems to sum up the proportions these fish are caught in (if you know what I mean). If an alien asked what fish and in what numbers do you catch them on an average day - show em this photo.

Archived