Stanage Bay monster

shawshankredemperor

post-9519-144598644883_thumb.jpg

post-9519-144598644887_thumb.jpg

post-9519-144598644893_thumb.jpg

Good morning,thought I would post a few photos of the monster Muddie I received at work yesterday.I've been dealing with pro crabbers for a long time and the Stanage Bay ones are usually bigger than any area I receive them from.See a lot over 2kg and a few dribs and drabs between 2.5kg/2.8kg.This one weighed 3kg,I see them this size very very rarely.

Yep thats a nice looking Crab, Not sure what it would taste like but i would give it a dam good go :)

I bet your up for a few $$$$$ for that sucker :pinch:

Cheers

Darren

shame there's not a max size limit on muddies....

that's a brute, but is going to be reasonably old. taste might be questionable...

having done a lot of crabbing,north from Bundaberg in areas up to Cairns during the late 60s` to the early 80s` large male crabs were common,especially from Gladstone to the Bowen area, and they tasted great.From the mid 80s` on they have taken a battering from pro crabbers supplying the southern and overseas markets./

As far as a max length goes a male muddy starts producing sperm at around the 110cm mark and the female prefers a smaller male for mating.

Edit.. producing sperm at around the 110mm correction :)

that's a brute, but is going to be reasonably old. taste might be questionable...

having done a lot of crabbing,north from Bundaberg in areas up to Cairns during the late 60s` to the early 80s` large male crabs were common,especially from Gladstone to the Bowen area, and they tasted great.From the mid 80s` on they have taken a battering from pro crabbers supplying the southern and overseas markets./

As far as a max length goes a male muddy starts producing sperm at around the 110cm mark and the female prefers a smaller male for mating.

110 mm :huh: ?

11cm :P

Edit.. producing sperm at around the 110mm correction :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived